PDA

View Full Version : Borchard 3-for-3 with a walk; Reed DNP

A. Cavatica
04-22-2004, 12:06 AM
Joe Borchard contributed 3 singles and a walk (1 R) to Charlotte's 6-3 loss to Richmond. More interesting is the fact that Jeremy Reed did not play tonight. Could he be on his way up -- or scarier, involved in trade discussions?

Josh Stewart was decent tonight:
J Stewart 6 6 3 3 2 4

SoxxoS
04-22-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
Joe Borchard contributed 3 singles and a walk (1 R) to Charlotte's 6-3 loss to Richmond. More interesting is the fact that Jeremy Reed did not play tonight. Could he be on his way up -- or scarier, involved in trade discussions?

Josh Stewart was decent tonight:
J Stewart 6 6 3 3 2 4

Reed isn't going anywhere.

santo=dorf
04-22-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Reed isn't going anywhere.

I thought he might be talking about Joe, not Reed. I will be willing to sacrifice Joe for some pitching.

jlh0023
04-22-2004, 12:58 AM
I'm glad Borchard is doing well, but I don't forsee him back in the majors unless there is a deperate situation. he had potential, we brought him up pre-maturely and he wasn't successful and I doubt he will be.
More notably, I am hoping and assuming Reeds absence was merely a day off. I don't want them to bring him up pre-maturely. I'd like to see him finish off the better part of the season in Charlotte, so he can be a rookie next year. Just because he is doing well in AAA doesn't mean we have to rush him out. Let him continue to be successful, but the last thing to do would be to trade him.

DSpivack
04-22-2004, 01:04 AM
There's no sense in bringing up a youngster unless you are desperate, you have injuries, or he can play everyday. Right now none of these are true. Keep Reed/Borchard/Any other OF Prospect in the minors.

sas1974
04-22-2004, 10:11 AM
I actually went to that game last night. Josh Stewart started and he got hit pretty hard. He wasn't fooling anybody w/ his stuff.

Borchard still has that long looping swing, but 2 of the singles were hit pretty hard. It was a real treat to actually see him take a walk.

TheRockinMT
04-22-2004, 12:14 PM
Good to see Joe get some hits. Just to get himself jump started with singles is fine. There was a minors report on how slow he is getting up to a decent performance and maybe this will help him.

jeremyb1
04-22-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica

Or he could just have the night off.