PDA

View Full Version : 2 observations

South Side
04-21-2004, 10:59 PM
So I just got back from the game tonight (ouch) and I have a couple things to say...
1. There were entirely too many Yankees fans there.
2. Yankee fans suck.

Let's win tomorrow...

IlliniSox
04-22-2004, 10:31 AM
I'm not a violent person, but I could have used a pellet gun Tuesday. Hey, its non-lethal.

FJA
04-22-2004, 10:55 AM
There are almost always too many Yankee fans there. The sick part is that most of them probably had as short a ride from home to the park as you did.

jackbrohamer
04-22-2004, 11:06 AM
There were too many bandwagon-sitting Yankee fans Tuesday cheering like it was the world series. I can't imagine a true Yankee fan getting that excited about beating the Sox, especially in April

Fridaythe13thJason
04-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Anyone sit near section 145? The most obnoxious one in the park was there. It was great. He yelled "Let's go Yankees" the whole game. So many people were yelling and screaming at him.

I did, however, sit next to two REAL Yankee fans. They were born in PR and moved to NY and have been fans forever. My roomie and I talked baseball to them all game long. It was really enjoyable. It was hard for me because I HATE the yankees, but even they were annoyed by the bandwagon fans.

I think my roomate said it best after one of them said "There have to be 6000 Yankee fans here."

Roomate said, "and about 5500 of them were born here, and joined the bandwagon in 2000."

Brian26
04-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Question: Where were all of these Yankee fans back in the late 80's and early 90's?

Answer: Probably A's and Braves fans then :D:

Orta 4-6-3
04-22-2004, 11:18 AM
Yankee fans are like spoiled rich kids bragging about the pony their Daddy bought them. And is it just me, or is there something about that New Yawk accent that makes their braggadocio even worse?

Fridaythe13thJason
04-22-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Orta 4-6-3
Yankee fans are like spoiled rich kids bragging about the pony their Daddy bought them. And is it just me, or is there something about that New Yawk accent that makes their braggadocio even worse?

I think REAL yankee fans are just like anyone else. They love their team.

I think bandwagon Yankee fans talk about "their" team so much because they feel guilty and stupid about their bandwagonness.

starboy0
04-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by FJA
There are almost always too many Yankee fans there. The sick part is that most of them probably had as short a ride from home to the park as you did.

I went to the last home game of the season last year when the Yankees were in town and Este won his 20th.

I was amazed by how many Yankee fans there were there. Looking at caps and jerseys the ratio of yankee fans to sox fans was 1 to 1.

maurice
04-22-2004, 12:21 PM
The loud yank fans were as clueless as cub fans. A typical yell was something like "Shut up!" or "Leave Gary and Jason alone!" Then they'd quickly **** when they couldn't handle the comebacks by Sox fans. Very clever bunch.

The smart yank fans were quiet and just spoke with the fans around them.

wdelaney72
04-22-2004, 01:02 PM
Don't forget, Hillary Clinton claims to have always been a Yankee fan.

Enough said.

soxruleEP
04-22-2004, 03:42 PM
There was a particularly obnoxious woman in Section 530 who stood up and twitched in near orgasmic delight everytime Jeter came to bat. Needless to say, his rather poor showing against garland led to many catcalls.

nearby were several teenage boys in Yankme regalia. There's nothing worse than front-running scum like that.

Jerko
04-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by soxruleEP
There was a particularly obnoxious woman in Section 530 who stood up and twitched in near orgasmic delight everytime Jeter came to bat. Needless to say, his rather poor showing against garland led to many catcalls.

nearby were several teenage boys in Yankme regalia. There's nothing worse than front-running scum like that.

I had a few of those by me too. Everybody says Sox fans are negative; these guys last night could have cried us a river lamenting how persecuted their poor little Yankees are.