PDA

View Full Version : First Two Game Losing Streak in 2004


Viva Magglio
04-21-2004, 09:55 PM
With the loss tonight, isn't this our first two game losing streak into the season? Who would have thought that it would take two weeks into the season for the first two game losing streak to occur.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-21-2004, 10:11 PM
I'm just glad we're almost done with the yanks. We're playing well against them, just not well enough.

batmanZoSo
04-21-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
I'm just glad we're almost done with the yanks. We're playing well against them, just not well enough.

Considering how awful they're hitting, our 2-4 record is abysmal.

SSN721
04-22-2004, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Considering how awful they're hitting, our 2-4 record is abysmal.

Especially when our ace is put up against one of the Yankees highly touted prospects (so average to every other team) and we still cant pull out a win. I guess the only thing I can take from the losses is that we were in every game except the first Vasquez game in New York and had opportunities to win all of the others we lost. Better then losing and know you never even threatened to challenge them.

starboy0
04-22-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
Especially when our ace is put up against one of the Yankees highly touted prospects (so average to every other team) and we still cant pull out a win. I guess the only thing I can take from the losses is that we were in every game except the first Vasquez game in New York and had opportunities to win all of the others we lost. Better then losing and know you never even threatened to challenge them.

Yeah...that first game should have been a win. The Sox made quite a comeback but our ace losing to a rookie is a tough loss. Last night Garland pitched well but hey Vasquez is awesome. We really need to hit Mussina like we're capable of and if Scho can have another good outing it will be HUGE for his confidence.