PDA

View Full Version : Get well soon Frank and Jose

balboner
04-21-2004, 09:40 PM
With these two guys hurt, our lineup is very poor. Willie looks overmatched against anyone with a fastball over 85 mph, and Crede looks just terrible right now.

batmanZoSo
04-21-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by balboner
With these two guys hurt, our lineup is very poor. Willie looks overmatched against anyone with a fastball over 85 mph, and Crede looks just terrible right now.

When Valentin comes back, Uribe should play second every day.

A.T. Money
04-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Uribe's swing is too long. He looks like he's trying to kill everything.

Lip Man 1
04-21-2004, 09:51 PM
Amen to the thread starter. Vasquez has dominated the Sox twice...a tremendous pick up for the Yanks.

By the way, this is the 3rd time already this season the Sox have lost a game when holding opponents to three runs or less. They are only 5-3 in that category...that's poor... wasting a good pitching performance like that.

Better hope they show some fire tomorrow or it's sweep city. Not a good way to start the longest homestand of the year.

Lip

nodiggity59
04-21-2004, 09:55 PM
Yeah we need those two guys. I also agree with Uribe playing 2nd, Wee Wee Willie is not an everyday player. i think he is a serviceable bench player though.

chisoxmike
04-21-2004, 09:57 PM
Yeah... we need them BAD! I wonder if Thomas will play tomorrow against Mussina. Frank has hit him hard throughout his career.

A.T. Money
04-21-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Amen to the thread starter. Vasquez has dominated the Sox twice...a tremendous pick up for the Yanks.

By the way, this is the 3rd time already this season the Sox have lost a game when holding opponents to three runs or less. They are only 5-3 in that category...that's poor... wasting a good pitching performance like that.

Better hope they show some fire tomorrow or it's sweep city. Not a good way to start the longest homestand of the year.

Lip

Never good to get swept, but we killed overselves on Tuesday, and tonight we were dominated. Not a whole bunch we can do.

I'd say we have a chance to salvage one versus Mussina. I think we can spank him this time.

Look on the bright side, we didn't really lose any ground with Minnie, since Detroit has beaten them tonight.

mdep524
04-21-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by balboner

Crede seems to be a slow starter, I think he'll be fine. Willie on the other hand, has looked atrocious the last two nights. I'm not sure Uribe is the answer, he has shown some flashes but tries to hit homeruns every time up, resulting in way too many pop ups for a top of the order guy.

Possible answers: Brian Roberts? Jose Vidro? Or how about calling up Jeremy Reed to lead off and dropping Harris/Uribe to the 9th spot?

ma_deuce
04-21-2004, 11:06 PM
One gone is bad enough, but both is just too much. No run support at all today.

Deuce

pudge
04-22-2004, 12:33 AM
What happened to all those, "I can't wait to see what Uribe and Gload can do" postings?

batmanZoSo
04-22-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by pudge
What happened to all those, "I can't wait to see what Uribe and Gload can do" postings?

I think they were vindicated.

SoxxoS
04-22-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by pudge

I'm delighted to see Gload and Uribe play out there...they are playing fine. Once again, Gload got on base twice today. Uribe is hitting over .350.

owensmouth
04-22-2004, 01:25 AM
I completely agree, we miss Jose and Frank. If you're gonna get all over Willie and/or Uribe, be fair and criticize Magglio for failing to produce with the bases loaded tonite and with two on last nite. Better yet, admit that the team got two less runs tonite and the team got three less runs last nite than it absolutely had to have.

DaveIsHere
04-22-2004, 08:15 AM
Yeah Mags, failed miserably!!!! He looks like he is trying to knock it out all the time again, I was telling my self " Base hit the other way" and then he pulls it in on his hand over to third so I had to see that loser A-poop gain. I HATE THE YANKS!!!!!!!!!

maurice
04-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Gload's hitting .385, and Uribe's hitting .353.

Also note the pitcher the Sox faced yesterday. Vazquez is really good, and did the same to a Gload- and Uribe-free lineup back in NY.