PDA

View Full Version : Espn Power Rankings

nodiggity59
04-21-2004, 01:49 PM
The Sox are ranked 7th this week, including the loss last night. Unfortunately, the Twins are 6th. On the plus side, the Royals are ranked 28th because of their poor road performance.

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-21-2004, 03:46 PM
6 Twinks
"Have won six games in a row, and sit on top of the pack in the Central Division. Talk about eye-openers, the Twins aren't just the division's top run-producers, they lead the American League, too, and are second in the majors only to the Astros. "
7 Sox
"They were atop the Central Division before the 11-8 loss to the Yankees on Tuesday, but overall, the White Sox have performed with surprising efficiency in April. Esteban Loaiza is 3-0, but even more impressive is the mere 14 hits he's allowed in 21 innings. "
28 Royals
"Not a bad team, really, except on the road. The Royals are April's worst team away from home, just 1-6, and don't return to Kaufman Stadium until Friday. Worse news was losing shortstop Angel Berroa to the disabled list with migraine headaches. "

interestingly enough the cubs are 15
"Reduced to middle-of-the-pack status until Mark Prior's health-issues are resolved and Greg Maddux wins his first game. Without those two, the Cubs are nothing more than non-threatening entertainment."

i love that last sentence about the scrubs!!!

SoxFan76
04-21-2004, 05:00 PM
It's so true though. God forbid a Cub fan tells you that their team has holes. Glad to see somebody besides Sox fans pointing it out.

NonetheLoaiza
04-21-2004, 05:04 PM
non-threatening entertainment. i could'nt have put it better myself.

DSpivack
04-21-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by NonetheLoaiza
non-threatening entertainment. i could'nt have put it better myself.

as opposed to pretty much every other cub team in history.