PDA

View Full Version : Sick of hearing Weak Division

DaveIsHere
04-21-2004, 02:20 PM
Ok I am sick of hearing how weak our division is. The cubs won 88 games last year and the Twins won 90 to take the division, do I really have to explain? And you all know that if the Sox take the division this year it will be "well they are in the weakest division in baseball anyone could take that division" I am tired tired tired of hearing it. Just leave me alone and let me watch my team for God's sake. And let me enjoy it with the only 20000 that are there with me, at least 20001 of us are smart, right?

muckdogs624
04-21-2004, 02:24 PM
It is a weak division. The only reason why Minnesota won 90 games last year is because they played Detroit and Cleveland 19 times each and unlike us, beat them many times. A weak division is not based on how many games are won, but by the quality of teams.

StockdaleForVeep
04-21-2004, 02:27 PM
I find it humorous when they claim the central is a weak division when the god almighty Scrubs' record woulda got them second in our division last year

jlh0023
04-21-2004, 02:39 PM
The division is definately weak, and it's without a doubt easier to win. Frankly I don't care. Winning is winning, and not all of our games are against the Tigers (yes they still suck) or Indians. We have a weak division, but still a reasonably tough schedule, and if we win the Central I will be just as happy.

jabrch
04-21-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
I find it humorous when they claim the central is a weak division when the god almighty Scrubs' record woulda got them second in our division last year

If they played in our division and had 19 games vs Detroit, Cleveland, US, KC and Minn last year, I doubt they'd have only had 88 wins.

Face it guys - this is the worst division in baseball. I don't care about that, as long as we win it, I don't care if it is considered good or bad. Once you get to the playoffs, anything can happen. We just need to get there.

CubKilla
04-21-2004, 02:55 PM
The AL Central, as it stands right now, is the weakest Division in baseball. The NL Central was the weakest Division in 2003 as evidenced by the numbers.

SoxFan76
04-21-2004, 06:18 PM
I don't know, I'd take Cleveland/Detroit over any combination of the Reds/Pirates/Brewers

jabrch
04-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
I don't know, I'd take Cleveland/Detroit over any combination of the Reds/Pirates/Brewers

My rankings

Cinci
Cleveland
Pitt
Detroit
Milwaukee

markfromthechi
04-21-2004, 06:51 PM
it is the weakest division, and for that reason we should be able to win it every year or every year there should be playoff talk. all the sox need to do is be hot towards the end of the year into the playoffs. the marlins won the world seies last year and they were the wild card team if im not mistaken. mainly, im just trying to say that the playoffs are very reachable for the sox and that is due to playing in the al central.

DSpivack
04-21-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
My rankings

Cinci
Cleveland
Pitt
Detroit
Milwaukee

Can't disagree with that.

Arguing whether the NL Central or the AL Central is worse is like arguing whether the Blackhawks are worse than the Expos. They both suck.

Here's how I would rank the 2 divisions together:

Houston
Cubs
White Sox
Minnesota
St. Louis
KC
Cinci
Cleveland
Pitt
Detroit
Milwaukee

The NL Central is a little better, but both suck.

doublem23
04-21-2004, 10:01 PM
A) The division is weak.

B) IT'S APRIL 21! You can't make judgments on teams/players' years based on the first three weeks of the season. I doubt A-Rod is going to hit under .200 all year and I doubt any team in the AL Central will be a real threat to the Yankees, Red Sox, A's, Angels, or any other team in the hunt for the post-season.

fquaye149
04-22-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
If they played in our division and had 19 games vs Detroit, Cleveland, US, KC and Minn last year, I doubt they'd have only had 88 wins.

Face it guys - this is the worst division in baseball. I don't care about that, as long as we win it, I don't care if it is considered good or bad. Once you get to the playoffs, anything can happen. We just need to get there.

i'm not sure they'd want to give up playing the pirates, reds and brewers just so they could play the tigers and toons.

come on. . . the nl central is a weak division

as is the nl west

we are probably the third worst division in baseball this year.

Hangar18
04-22-2004, 10:17 AM
The NL Central is brutal. Just watching that Pirates team
last nite was Painful. That team is Brutal, and will lose 100
games this year. And Bud Selig said Sammy saved Baseball.
Right. they had 9,000 at the game last nite?