PDA

View Full Version : beating the twins.

ghost
04-21-2004, 01:07 PM
who out there thinks it will be the twins that the sox need to beat, or is it the so-called tigers. I personaly think its the twins. who will give the sox that run for the AL central championship title. Or should i just ask the moron. :moron

fhqwhgads
04-21-2004, 01:13 PM
You WILL need to beat the Twins. :D:

Baby Fisk
04-21-2004, 01:13 PM
um...how about all of them? :cool:

jlh0023
04-21-2004, 01:14 PM
the Twins are up there right now, but once Macdougal solidifies the KC bullpen, they will start winning games with that offense. Also don't they also have at least to starters on the DL that will be returning. I know one is Runelvyz.

sas1974
04-21-2004, 01:15 PM
It may sound a bit off the wall, but I think it's the Tigers. We have proven in the past that we can beat the Royals and the Twins(sans that last series). I think the reason we lost the division last year was because of our performance against teams like the Tigers and the Rays.

muckdogs624
04-21-2004, 01:31 PM
I believe that the twins only because they are the most solid team overall, besides the sox. KC has no bullpen and Detroit doesn't have good starting pitching. As for Cleveland.....lets just say I am not scared of Ben Broussard.

ma-gaga
04-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by jlh0023
but once Macdougal solidifies the KC bullpen, they will start winning games with that offense.

MacDougal sucks, but their bullpen isn't the problem. Their starters are horrible. I love that they go to the 'all lefties' rotation, and gotten hammered by both the W.Sox and the Twins.

Now, if Cleveland gets bullpen help, they could be a tough team. They have amazing starting pitching, but their bullpen has been horrible for them this year.

The W.Sox and Twins are the most balanced teams in the division. Lineup, starters, bullpen, bench. The Twins have a better bullpen and a better bench than the Sox. That might make all the difference.

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-21-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by jlh0023
the Twins are up there right now, but once Macdougal solidifies the KC bullpen, they will start winning games with that offense. Also don't they also have at least to starters on the DL that will be returning. I know one is Runelvyz.

runelvyz hernandez is done for the season with an arm injury. as is miguel "16balls" ascensio.

sas1974
04-21-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
runelvyz hernandez is done for the season with an arm injury. as is miguel "16balls" ascensio.

Yikes! 16 balls?!?! I wonder where he finds a cup that fits him? :D:

scottyl
04-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk

Agreed. Games against the Tigers count (see: last year).

Whitesox029
04-21-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
yeah I would have to say you missed an option there. All of them would definitely be good.