PDA

View Full Version : best seats

lavagurl
04-21-2004, 12:25 PM
as an avid fan i'm ashamed to admit i haven't gone to a game yet this year, so i haven't seen the renovations. although a friend of mine says all they've managed to do is recreate the blocked sight lines of old comisky.
i'm going to get tix this week, so where are the better seats now?

soxnut
04-21-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by lavagurl
as an avid fan i'm ashamed to admit i haven't gone to a game yet this year, so i haven't seen the renovations. although a friend of mine says all they've managed to do is recreate the blocked sight lines of old comisky.

Then you're friend is obviously not a Sox fan. From what I've read and heard from others, there are not that many obstructed view seats. And if you've looked at any of the photos of the renovations or have watched a game on tv, the park has alot more charm to it. So forget about what your friend says. I'm sure someone who has been to a game this year will attest to that.

And those obstructed view seats are in the upper deck, the last 8 rows, and that's it. everything else up there should be fine and you have roof over your head.

Anywhere in the lower deck is a great seat. proabably some of the best in baseball. And that's not just what Sox fans say, it's what many baseball fans say.

Iwritecode
04-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by lavagurl

Same place they were last year...

WSox8404
04-21-2004, 12:53 PM
Best seats in the house are 1st row right behind the Sox dugout. I was in them for the Thursday game against KC. They are not for sale however. The only way to get them is to know someone. I thank God everyday that I do.

jabrch
04-21-2004, 12:55 PM
The only bad seats are the back rows of the upper deck - big shock there. Some of the seats to the RF side of the fandeck are somewhat obstructed in terms of seeing LF action, but not many. The rest of the place is fantastic. I was there for the Thusday game vs KC and am going back this Thurs for the Yanks game. I sat club level in the first section to the 1B side last week, and am sitting in the upper deck, even with 3B in row 2 this thursday.