PDA

View Full Version : A good loss last night

lowesox
04-21-2004, 10:34 AM
I hate it whenever the Sox lose, but they proved to me last night that there will never be a game this season where I can turn the TV off on them. I think it's the Ozzie difference, because the same couldn't be said about Jerry Manuel's teams.

DrummerGeorgefan
04-21-2004, 10:59 AM
True...there werent many times where I would continue to watch a corpseball Manuel team on a west coast trip when Conan would be on.

Jerko
04-21-2004, 11:01 AM
I WAS gonna pull out the "this thread sucks" guy when I saw the title of this thread, but it's true. Last year that game would have been over before the rain delay even hit. Technically it almost still was, but the boys finally have a little desire in them for once.

sas1974
04-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan
True...there werent many times where I would continue to watch a corpseball Manuel team on a west coast trip when Conan would be on.

You bring up a good point. It was great to see that they didn't give up last night, but the REAL test is going to be seeing how they perform on that West Coast Swing. I can't wait.

MRKARNO
04-21-2004, 12:05 PM
After being down 7-0 and able to take it back to 8-7, I was really surprised. That was probably the most exciting loss I have seen with this club in some time that wasnt heart-breaking. If we had to lose, this was the best way to do so...show we have heart and the ability to come back against any team including the Yankees without our most important hitter and a very important one in Valentin.

NonetheLoaiza
04-21-2004, 05:47 PM
hopefully this year we can make some 8 or 9th inning comebacks. remember last year when we only had about 5 wins when trailing after the 7th or 8th inning? i gotta say too that last nights loss wasnt an entirely a bad one. the only thing that worried me was buehrles performance. im sure hell turn it around tho.