PDA

View Full Version : Yankees Game Analysis

jlh0023
04-21-2004, 01:29 AM
YAY! I'm as glad as anyone to see that the offense is playing well, and keeping in games. I was sitting right behind home plate, and have lost my voice because of our several opportunities to take the lead. But in the car on the way home all i hear everyone talk about is their great almost comeback. At some point you have to realize that a loss is a loss, and we have to capitalize on situations where we could score. We also have to be able to rely on our defense to back up Buerle, so that when he does get should be outs, we convert and don't allow that first inning to occur. I just hope we gained some educational value from that game. Hooray for staying in the games, but you've got to cut it in the end. Those bullpen runs weren't too good either, Adkins pitched very impressively, and I loved laughing at A-Rod when he got struck out be Shingo, but then Shingo walked the next to. Overall, I like are ability to be in it to the end, but we could have one.

jlh0023
04-21-2004, 01:34 AM
One thing that I found interesting in todays game were my feelings going into the bottom of the ninth. I was thinking, 'what if we get to men on, or three for that matter'. I figured we'd probably pinch hit Thomas for Gload. But then I found myself conficted, who would you feel more comfortable with. All I can say, is if Gload can keep up anything like he's been playing, he's got quite a potential career in front of him. I definately wouldn't mind seeing him in clutch situations.

On another note, in the bottom of the eighth, why didn't they pinch hit Timo or Olivo. I know Sandy's been playing alright, but tonite clearly wasn't his night.

munchman33
04-21-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by jlh0023

On another note, in the bottom of the eighth, why didn't they pinch hit Timo or Olivo. I know Sandy's been playing alright, but tonite clearly wasn't his night.

With the weather conditions like they were, an injury is always more likely. And if Sandy comes out and Olivo gets hurt, we have no options at catcher. I believe Jose was the emergency catcher, and he's on the D.L.

ode to veeck
04-21-2004, 01:52 AM
Short take: Burly and D bombed in 1st, but Sox ripping out 8 runs to pull within 9-8 while Atkins works effectively in middle innings makes it a new game for the wet fans before the pen (Shingo, Cotts, Jackson) trickles the game away. Koch pitches well in 8th & 9th showing he can protect a Yankees lead.