PDA

View Full Version : The *official* 04/20/04 dont overreact thread

MRKARNO
04-21-2004, 12:33 AM
Oh my god! We're 8-5. That's unacceptable, The Sky is falling, The sky is falling!

:chickenlittle
:chickenlittle

scottyl
04-21-2004, 12:44 AM
Post game show on the radio said that this game could act like a "win" for the Sox because they didn't quit. Agree / disagree?

We made the Yankees use their bullpen in what could have been a blowout...

voodoochile
04-21-2004, 12:47 AM
Who is overreacting?

Viva Magglio
04-21-2004, 12:52 AM
I think we should have won this game, and we would have if it wasn't for the corpseball in the first inning. What I did like is that we mounted a comeback. Think that would have happened last year? No.

nodiggity59
04-21-2004, 12:57 AM
That first inning was a freak thing. 7 runs with no hard hit balls and few (maybe no?) walks.

The rest wasn't a freak thing. Our offense rocks, and our pitching rocks so long as we throw strikes.

FJA
04-21-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I think we should have won this game, and we would have if it wasn't for the corpseball in the first inning. What I did like is that we mounted a comeback. Think that would have happened last year? No.

Liked the comeback, a little disappointed that the team seemed to get discouraged by the bullpen giving up whatever gains we made offensively. The last three innings felt like corpseball for me.

Another big positive out of this one was the three scoreless innings from Adkins.

Stoky44
04-21-2004, 12:59 AM
WE SUCK! Seansons over, the Sox spot the one of the best teams in baseball a 7 run lead before they even bat and they don't even fight back.

Lip Man 1
04-21-2004, 01:11 AM
Unfortunately the errors were not a fluke were they?

Lip

soxnut
04-21-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Stoky44
WE SUCK! Seansons over, the Sox spot the one of the best teams in baseball a 7 run lead before they even bat and they don't even fight back.

You're right, I give up. I'm not going to any games this year :(:

soxnut
04-21-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

I love your positive attitude

pudge
04-21-2004, 02:10 AM
I'm so sick of the "Sky is Falling" accusations... nobody on this site is dumb enough to think the sky is falling... but the fact remains this was a very bad loss... a chance to beat a terrible minor league pitcher washed away... but hey, the most important thing is how the Sox respond to this loss.

PissPoorSoxFans
04-21-2004, 03:23 AM
:whiner: Nothing to say and no nice way to say it. Yada yada yada...

Sucks to be me...
Signed,
Another dumbass Yankees Fan

The Critic
04-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by PissPoorSoxFans
:whiner: Nothing to say and no nice way to say it. Yada yada yada...

Sucks to be me...
Signed,
Another dumbass Yankees Fan

Enjoy your short stay at WSI, troll.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-21-2004, 07:55 AM
I think he forgot our stay at Yankme stadium last year

DrummerGeorgefan
04-21-2004, 08:22 AM
I think we will be fine. Some positives from the game include the psuedo-comeback and Jon Adkins. I think he battled hard in the 5 and 6th and that will help his confidence big time. Allowing him to stay and get those two strike outs after walking 2 straight was a good move by Oz.

Iguana775
04-21-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by pudge
I'm so sick of the "Sky is Falling" accusations... nobody on this site is dumb enough to think the sky is falling... but the fact remains this was a very bad loss... a chance to beat a terrible minor league pitcher washed away... but hey, the most important thing is how the Sox respond to this loss.

LOL....yea, people do tend to over react on this board. over the last few years, people would say that this and that person need to be waived after a hard loss.

A.T. Money
04-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

You won't see Crede making errors like that very often....

Baby Fisk
04-21-2004, 09:46 AM
I'm not freaked out at all by the loss to New York. So far, I feel the least bad about this loss (if that makes any sense). Take away the first inning, a grotesque anomaly, and the Sox played a hell of a game. Not quite enough to catch up, but it showed this team won't roll over and die after falling behind.

Plus it was fun watching them replay Matsui's face-plant into the seats about a dozen times on the YES Network coverage. Once for every run the Yanks scored. I try to find solace wherever possible...

soxtalker
04-21-2004, 09:48 AM
Maybe I'm missing something. I've been looking over the board, and I can't find that much "sky-is-falling" complaining. In fact, I see more comments expressing the reverse.

My own impression is that the near comeback was positive, but there were also some disturbing negatives. We should be noting those, and, hopefully, the team will learn from them. We aren't going to play as badly as last night's first inning, but we also aren't going to play as well as we have in some games.

jabrch
04-21-2004, 12:18 PM
Other than one bad inning, the game wasn't too terrible. On the bright side, 5-8 in the order all had two hits, Willlie had 2 and Magglio had 3. Carlos and Uribe had bad days, Crede had one bad error, but I don't worry much about any of those three over the long term of things. Carlos is fine, Crede's D is not bad at all and Uribe just had a bad first start @ SS. Let him settle in.

I don't see anyone saying the sky is falling - and rightfully so. We can still win this series, and win the season series vs the Yanks. That's quite an accomplishment as far as I am concerned.

batmanZoSo
04-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by scottyl
Post game show on the radio said that this game could act like a "win" for the Sox because they didn't quit. Agree / disagree?

The Yankees probably won't need their bullpen tonight.

WSox8404
04-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by scottyl

This was a victory. Do you think last year that we would have come back in such a fasion? JM would not have said a word in the dugout after the first inning. The final would have been something like 15 to 1. They played with a lot of heart yesterday and I enjoyed watching the game even though they lost.

WSox8404
04-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Other than one bad inning, the game wasn't too terrible. On the bright side, 5-8 in the order all had two hits, Willlie had 2 and Magglio had 3. Carlos and Uribe had bad days, Crede had one bad error, but I don't worry much about any of those three over the long term of things. Carlos is fine, Crede's D is not bad at all and Uribe just had a bad first start @ SS. Let him settle in.

I don't see anyone saying the sky is falling - and rightfully so. We can still win this series, and win the season series vs the Yanks. That's quite an accomplishment as far as I am concerned.

Willie had two what? He went 0 for 5 without a walk. If that bastard got two hits and a walk, the score might have been tied.