PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone call Manos "Valentine"?


guillen4life13
04-20-2004, 08:08 PM
I don't know if this belongs in the parking lot or in here, but I just don't understand why a group of people call Jose Valentin "Valentine."

Joe Valentine is an ex-Sox farm pitcher, and Jose Valentin is the spanish equivalent of the same name, yet they are different people with different names. Call Jose "Valentin" and use Valentine in reference to the other people with that name.

Unless there's something I'm completely missing...

voodoochile
04-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
I don't know if this belongs in the parking lot or in here, but I just don't understand why a group of people call Jose Valentin "Valentine."

Joe Valentine is an ex-Sox farm pitcher, and Jose Valentin is the spanish equivalent of the same name, yet they are different people with different names. Call Jose "Valentin" and use Valentine in reference to the other people with that name.

Unless there's something I'm completely missing...

I imagine it's a spelling thing or even a spell checker thing, and not an insult or other thing...

idseer
04-20-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I imagine it's a spelling thing or even a spell checker thing, and not an insult or other thing...



nothing surprising about it at all

MRKARNO
04-20-2004, 08:15 PM
Because some Sox fans dont know how to spell their players' names...

doublem23
04-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Ellos no hablará español.

Thunderstruck30
04-20-2004, 09:29 PM
People pronounce it wrong too. Its Val-en-tin not Val-en-teen.

voodoochile
04-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
People pronounce it wrong too. Its Val-en-tin not Val-en-teen.

Man, I hope your name is prophetic tonight...

JGarlandrules20
04-20-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
People pronounce it wrong too. Its Val-en-tin not Val-en-teen.

No... it's Val-en-teen. 'i' makes the 'e' sound in spanish.

SoxFan76
04-20-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by JGarlandrules20
No... it's Val-en-teen. 'i' makes the 'e' sound in spanish.

That is correct.

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-20-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
People pronounce it wrong too. Its Val-en-tin not Val-en-teen.

it looks like you are one of them

RedPinStripes
04-21-2004, 12:29 AM
Because bridgeport just assumes he's Italian. :)