PDA

View Full Version : CubTimes has to get a shot in....

SoxOnTop
04-20-2004, 04:41 PM
Got to love it when reporters are taking pot shots at your 8-4 team. Take a look at #5

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-deluca20.html

I can't stand these jokers....

JohnBasedowYoda
04-20-2004, 04:44 PM
boy. get my gun

Mickster
04-20-2004, 04:46 PM
No way attendance is in the 20's for tonight. Even with the crappy weather.

batmanZoSo
04-20-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by SoxOnTop
The Sox expect crowds in the mid-20,000 range for the three games. That is an improvement from the two games after their home opener, when they failed to creep past 15,200 on the same days the Cubs were selling out.

That matters to me about as much as a primordial slime mold in the bottom of the Marianas trench, underneath a rock.

DrummerGeorgefan
04-20-2004, 04:54 PM
In the red eye today the had to mention the fate of that idiot Wm. Ligue again. Great reporting Cub-une. Lets keep bring that idiot back into the spot light.

StepsInSC
04-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Rodriguez misses Esteban Loaiza entirely this season, a left-hander he has hit for a .522 average (12-for-23) with five home runs and 10 RBI.

Since when is Loaiza left handed?

batmanZoSo
04-20-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan
In the red eye today the had to mention the fate of that idiot Wm. Ligue again. Great reporting Cub-une. Lets keep bring that idiot back into the spot light.

I don't remember the wrigley hat thieves names being so public as our boy Billy Ligue.

npdempse
04-20-2004, 05:18 PM
I noticed this, and also noticed that even the Tribune counters this, saying there were at least 25K in pre-sales for each game.

SoxFan76
04-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
Since when is Loaiza left handed?

Just more fine Chicago journalism.

Hangar18
04-21-2004, 09:19 AM
who says The Chicago Media isnt Cub-centric and Biased towards the SOX? Was that Rick Telander who recently said this?

SoxFan78
04-21-2004, 11:33 AM
This kind of stuff makes me sick. Anybody remember last year when the whole chicago media was making a huge deal of the Cubs vs. Yankees series? I understand that the yankees hadn't played at wrigley since the WS but I remember something in the Red Eye comparing Chicago vs. New York in areas such as food and environment. And Im thinking this to my self...THIS ISNT THE FIRST TIME THE YANKEES HAVE COME TO CHICAGO!!!!!!!

Its sad not one writer mentioned how the cub fans were acting when they were throwing cups on their own field on Saturday. If that would of happened it Comiskey, it probably would of gotten its own pull out section.

Foulke You
04-21-2004, 11:52 AM
5. Hot ticket?

Only if the games were being played at Wrigley Field.

The Sox expect crowds in the mid-20,000 range for the three games. That is an improvement from the two games after their home opener, when they failed to creep past 15,200 on the same days the Cubs were selling out.

-Sun Times Sox Beat Writer Chris Deluca

Does anyone else get the vibe from Chris Deluca that he would rather be covering a certain team from the North Side? Actually, I get the feeling that he'd rather be covering ANYTHING than the White Sox. Deluca always seems to be quick to slam the Sox fans, attendance, team, etc. This isn't the first time he has made comments like this. He is the beat writer for the Sox, he shouldn't be this way.

Message to Chris Deluca:

Shut up about attendance and cover the damn team objectively!! Mike Kiley will retire one day and you'll be able to get your dream job.

Iwritecode
04-21-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Mickster
No way attendance is in the 20's for tonight. Even with the crappy weather.

You were exactly right Mickseter. According to ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/schedule?team=chw) the attendance was 32,034.

Anyone expecting an article retracting the stupidity of the statement by Mr. De Luca any time soon?

SoxOnTop
04-21-2004, 12:14 PM
While I have nothing to substantiate this claim, it seems that the Cubune while owning the Cubs tries to not look like they are outwardly rooting for them. It is more subversive and subtle. But the Cub-Times on the other hand seems to have their entire sports department loaded with blue bleeding, kool-ade drinking delusional Cubs fans who hate the Sox the way that we hate Cubs fans.

At least the Cubune has Phil Rogers who I think most of us can agree is objective and may even slightly slant twards the South Side. I can't even think of a Cub-Times writer who is even objective.