PDA

View Full Version : Tropicana Field

IlliniSox
04-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Remember when the Sox threatened to move to Florida in 1990? I believe that they were set to move into the "Florida Suncoast Dome." Is that the same place as Tropicana Field?

Wow, there might not be any White Sox playing anywhere today if that was to be the move.

Fridaythe13thJason
04-20-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by IlliniSox
Remember when the Sox threatened to move to Florida in 1990? I believe that they were set to move into the "Florida Suncoast Dome." Is that the same place as Tropicana Field?

Wow, there might not be any White Sox playing anywhere today if that was to be the move.

Yup, same place.

Lip Man 1
04-20-2004, 02:15 PM
and here's a little aside...then Sox relief pitcher par excellance, Bobby Thigpen's dad was the head of the power company in the Tampa / St. Pete area. Good ole Uncle Jerry was talking with him directly about the requirements the Sox would need had they moved.

Lip

Frankfan4life
04-20-2004, 03:36 PM
I'm one of those who sent dirty white socks to the mayor. I wonder how many of those he got?

Actually, I'm going to be in St. Pete this weekend for my sister's 50th surprise birthday party. If only she had been born two weeks earlier, then I could have caught one of the Sox games.

Palehose13
04-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Frankfan4life
I'm one of those who sent dirty white socks to the mayor. I wonder how many of those he got?

Actually, I'm going to be in St. Pete this weekend for my sister's 50th surprise birthday party. If only she had been born two weeks earlier, then I could have caught one of the Sox games.

When I walked in, I felt like I was going to a hockey game. However, it was a great place to get pictures and autographs.

jackbrohamer
04-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
and here's a little aside...then Sox relief pitcher par excellance, Bobby Thigpen's dad was the head of the power company in the Tampa / St. Pete area. Good ole Uncle Jerry was talking with him directly about the requirements the Sox would need had they moved.

Lip

Probably just a ruse to go around Thigpen's agent to negotiate his next contract