PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Fan & his Plan

lettereighteen
04-20-2004, 12:41 PM
Hey all,

I am about to embark on a journey of minor proportions. I plan on setting out to New Comiskey Park (I am having a hard time calling it U.S. Cellular Field, though I don't mind calling it the CELL) on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday when our dearly beloved WHITE SOX play the New York Yankees. I current don't have tickets to the game, but I am planning to try to get some tickets. What you ask will I be doing there other than cheering the WHITE SOX???? I plan on handing out photocopies of my some of my work which you can see and is attached to this thread. The state of baseball is quite chaotic right now and I plan to voice my opinion by handing out my flyers which will show how I feel about the Yankees. I have only made about a 1000 of them, but I am going to try to hit a particular section of the ballpark. I am hoping my dear WHITE SOX fans will be flashing around the stadium as I hand them out. I am also hoping to get some exposure with WHITE SOX fans flashing my flyers on the television. I hope to generate some excitement this project. Let me know how you guys feel about this. Oh Yeah, wish me some luck. Look for me and say Hello. I am an Asian American Artist who loves the WHITE SOX.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-20-2004, 12:44 PM
welcome aboard! cool picture and have fun at the game. i just there aren't 1000 pieces of paper being swirled aroung by the wind....

mweflen
04-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Pretty funny.

Since you'll be doing a walkup, though, you'll probably be in the Upper Deck. Most of the Lower Deck seats are gone, from what I've heard.

stillz
04-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Very cool. Good luck this week. I hope the dark side is weak over the next few games.

soxfan26
04-20-2004, 01:02 PM
I can see it now...

WSI member removed during Wednesday's game...

BOC
04-20-2004, 01:47 PM
great picture

Hangar18
04-20-2004, 02:26 PM
I thougth the cubs were the Evil Empire? or are they the Evil Empire Wannabe's

pinwheels3530
04-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Hangar do you always have to bring up the cubs!

Palehose13
04-20-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I thougth the cubs were the Evil Empire? or are they the Evil Empire Wannabe's

Don't you have to consistently win to be considered an empire? :D:

Mickster
04-20-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Don't you have to consistently win to be considered an empire? :D:

Sure..... The Cubbies are an empire:

http://www.ladyofthecake.com/mel/space/images/niceday.jpg

:)

soxnut
04-20-2004, 02:56 PM
That is very funny and creative. Excellent job!

StillMissOzzie
04-20-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
Sure..... The Cubbies are an empire:

http://www.ladyofthecake.com/mel/space/images/niceday.jpg

:)

Can anyone Photshop a Scrubs logo onto Dark Helmet's noggin?

SMO
:D:

lavagurl
04-21-2004, 11:18 AM
That's hilarious. You should totally make a cubs one and head over to wrigley.

mikef1331
04-21-2004, 06:14 PM
Hey lettereighteen,
I got one of your handouts at the game yesterday. My friend and I were cracking up when we got it, very clever. Unfortunately I didn't know you were a WSI member at the time, otherwise I would have stopped to talk, we were on our way to Grandstand. We held up the signs a couple of times during the game (before the rain came), but I don't know if we got on t.v. or not. Good luck with your artistic career.