PDA

View Full Version : Mlb.tv


eurotrash35
04-20-2004, 11:52 AM
Does anybody else share my dilemma of being in the blackout area but out of the WCIU broadcast area? If so I propose we work together to find a solution. Also, is MLB.TV not doing single games this year, or am I just having a really, really hard time finding it?

Irishsox1
04-20-2004, 11:55 AM
Would the Direct TV Satellite help? I know that the MLB package isn't cheap, but I think you could get most of the games, but they might be called by the other teams anouncers.

soxfan26
04-20-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by eurotrash35
Does anybody else share my dilemma of being in the blackout area but out of the WCIU broadcast area? If so I propose we work together to find a solution. Also, is MLB.TV not doing single games this year, or am I just having a really, really hard time finding it?

I looked for a single game for longer than I want to admit. It seems like it is only available monthly. From VA I get to see the Sox about 15-20 times per season, other than that I watch the blips on gameday and sit in on the WSI chat room.

Fridaythe13thJason
04-20-2004, 11:57 AM
mlb.tv has more games than the DirecTC package last I checked. I've never been able to figure out if mlb.tv blacks you out based on your IP or based on the zip code associated with your credit card. If it's the credit card, find a relative in New Mexico or something, and pay them to pay for it.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-20-2004, 12:10 PM
I signed up for mlb radio in milwaukee using my credit card from chicago area. i just gave the address currently at (milwaukee). It worked just fine.....i guess they don't give a damn as long as they get some dough either way

joeynach
04-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by eurotrash35
Does anybody else share my dilemma of being in the blackout area but out of the WCIU broadcast area? If so I propose we work together to find a solution. Also, is MLB.TV not doing single games this year, or am I just having a really, really hard time finding it?

I had the same problem. I am at purdue and in the local blackout area for the sox on mlb.tv. However since i am a genius i figured how to beat the system and ger around the blackouts. Now im getting all the sox games on mlb.tv at purdue. I can tell you my secret, but not on a public message board, only privatly.

TheBull
04-20-2004, 12:19 PM
I e-mailed MLB.TV about the lack of single game offerings. Don’t bother looking for them. One has to purchase by the month or the entire season this year, as “pay as you go” games are not available this year. Perhaps they will bring it back if they see revenues fall from last year

eurotrash35
04-20-2004, 01:10 PM
That stinks that they don't offer single games. I did see however that you can cancel your monthly subscription within 5 days and they would give you a refund, maybe I should look into that. I just want to see the game today, I get all of the games besides the ones on stupid WCIU.

nitetrain8601
04-20-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by joeynach
I had the same problem. I am at purdue and in the local blackout area for the sox on mlb.tv. However since i am a genius i figured how to beat the system and ger around the blackouts. Now im getting all the sox games on mlb.tv at purdue. I can tell you my secret, but not on a public message board, only privatly.

Could you email me and tell me what you did? nitetrain8601@sbcglobal.net

voodoochile
04-20-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by TheBull
I e-mailed MLB.TV about the lack of single game offerings. Don’t bother looking for them. One has to purchase by the month or the entire season this year, as “pay as you go” games are not available this year. Perhaps they will bring it back if they see revenues fall from last year

Welcome Aboard! :D:

ASUSOXGRL
04-20-2004, 07:30 PM
why can't i get the game on mlbtv???? i skipped class to watch it!

illinibk
04-20-2004, 07:31 PM
believe me, you don't want to see it right now.

dllrbll7
04-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by ASUSOXGRL
why can't i get the game on mlbtv???? i skipped class to watch it!

Havin the same problem here

Kadafi311
04-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Please... let it rain...

voodoochile
04-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Havin the same problem here

Ditto and I am in NC.

TheBull
04-20-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Welcome Aboard! :D:

Thanks.

Not a very exciting post to "bust my cherry," but happy to be aboard.

davidleeroth
04-20-2004, 08:30 PM
out here in iowa city, my buddy got mlb.tv to get the twins games. on opening day he found out the hard way that iowa city is in the blackout zones for the white sox, cubs, cardinals, twins, AND royals. luckily, i still get most of the sox games on cable.

ZachAL
04-20-2004, 08:38 PM
Are you guys talking about mlbtv at www.mlb.com?? cause if so then I have the same problem. I go to school here in Atlanta so obviously can't watch the games on regular TV, but my credit card billing address is Chicago so they black me out from watching the games on the internet too. Unhappy!

dllrbll7
04-20-2004, 09:38 PM
Seems to be workin now!