PDA

View Full Version : Twins Fan Taking Sox Seriously


fhqwhgads
04-20-2004, 07:55 AM
Twins Geek (http://online.startribune.com/nuke/twins/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=14&SID=43c1fbd6fe09b4a5e723ad5f2b326638)

Thought y'all might like to see some good analysis of misconceptions about the White Sox, and about how the team should be taken seriously. Or, you can just make fun of the author. :D:

wdelaney72
04-20-2004, 08:03 AM
That was an interesting read, although I don't see what was a "misconception". I thought it was pretty accurate.

The Twins have been very well managed, which indicates to me that they always take the Sox seriously.

It appears that the Sox are finally in the same position. I was so happy to see them take care of the Devil Rays.

fhqwhgads
04-20-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by wdelaney72
That was an interesting read, although I don't see what was a "misconception". I thought it was pretty accurate.

I agree on the accuracy. I was talking about 1) and 3) in his article, which some Twins' fans still use as reasons that the Sox aren't to be worried about. 2) will be confirmed or dispelled over May and June, in the meat of the Sox schedule.

akingamongstmen
04-20-2004, 09:31 AM
"Wolf! Wolf! WOLF!!!"

Hahahahahaha...I got a good laugh out of that one.

hose
04-20-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
I agree on the accuracy. I was talking about 1) and 3) in his article, which some Twins' fans still use as reasons that the Sox aren't to be worried about. 2) will be confirmed or dispelled over May and June, in the meat of the Sox schedule.


Hey Floggerhead good to hear from you.

DSpivack
04-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Was an interesting read, but White Sox weakness has always been their starting pitching? What about last year- I'd say it was a strength.

wdelaney72
04-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack
Was an interesting read, but White Sox weakness has always been their starting pitching? What about last year- I'd say it was a strength.

With the exception of the no. 5 spot, last year's pitching staff was good. The problem was a bunch of drillrods swinging for the fences at every at bat.

Realist
04-20-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
Twins Geek (http://online.startribune.com/nuke/twins/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=14&SID=43c1fbd6fe09b4a5e723ad5f2b326638)

Thought y'all might like to see some good analysis of misconceptions about the White Sox, and about how the team should be taken seriously. Or, you can just make fun of the author. :D:

I swear that one day I'm going to be able to read one of your posts and be able to resist the urge to click on the link in your tag line. It may take months or even years, but I swear I'm gonna resist that link one day. When it happens, I'm buyin' you... a pizza. :D:

ma-gaga
04-20-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Realist
I swear that one day I'm going to be able to read one of your posts and be able to resist the urge to click on the link in your tag line. It may take months or even years, but I swear I'm gonna resist that link one day. When it happens, I'm buyin' you... a pizza. :D:

Damn you. I now got the song in my head.
Must... listen... to it....

fhqwhgads
04-20-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
Damn you. I now got the song in my head.
Must... listen... to it....

If you like that, here's something else (http://www.homestarrunner.com/cheatvideo.html) to get stuck in your head. :D:

Whitesox029
04-20-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
Twins Geek (http://online.startribune.com/nuke/twins/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=14&SID=43c1fbd6fe09b4a5e723ad5f2b326638)

Thought y'all might like to see some good analysis of misconceptions about the White Sox, and about how the team should be taken seriously. Or, you can just make fun of the author. :D:
This story/article (?) is an interesting combination of irreverence (towards the Sox of course) and yet realization that the Sox, in as many words, are going to win this division as long as the rotation hold up the way it is. Schoeney is critical here more so that Wright. Not all successful teams have proven guys 1-5(Yankees).

And so the thread moves into the complete irrelevance and yet absolute brilliance of the masterpiece that is Homestarrunner.com. It is the best cartoon never to be on TV.
EVERYBODY TO THE LIMIT!

DSpivack
04-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
Not all successful teams have proven guys 1-5(Yankees).


Even the Yankees have somewhat serious SP ?s.

stingo
04-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Hey, fhqwhgads, have you and the author of the article you reference ever been seen in the same room together?

Just a pet theory of mine borne of similarities of tone, diction, senses of humor, and your appearance here coinciding with a spate of WSI references in twinsgeek (good stuff, by the way, although falling off a bit lately, I think in the glare of the lights of the larger stage. But a temporary drop off, I trust).

fhqwhgads
04-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by stingo
Hey, fhqwhgads, have you and the author of the article you reference ever been seen in the same room together?

No.... :o:


Thanks for the compliment, but I know John Bonnes, and I'm no John Bonnes. :D: I agree, the tone of his blog seems to show a little nervousness since the move to the Trib, but I think that's to be expected.