PDA

View Full Version : I'm Concerned

owensmouth
04-20-2004, 07:54 AM
I'm not out to start an agruement, I just want to say that I'm concerned about going into this home series with both Frank and Jose potentially on the sidelines. Between the two of them, they supplied almost 1/3 of our home runs last year. This isn't a good time to be missing that type of clout.

wdelaney72
04-20-2004, 08:29 AM
They don't need home runs to win. They need good pitching and smart hitting.

If the pitching holds up, they'll be fine.

hose
04-20-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by owensmouth
I'm not out to start an agruement, I just want to say that I'm concerned about going into this home series with both Frank and Jose potentially on the sidelines. Between the two of them, they supplied almost 1/3 of our home runs last year. This isn't a good time to be missing that type of clout.

So far Jose is the one that might go on the DL, while Frank is more day to day.

jabrch
04-20-2004, 09:53 AM
I am not worried about the HRs as much as I am worried about Frank's OBP/protection for Magglio. I guess Gload can hit 6 behind Carlos, but that's just a (hundred) major step(s) down.

As far as Valentin, I don'tthink I'll miss him much. Uribe plays better defense, and is a more ideal #2 hitter anyhow.

fledgedrallycap
04-20-2004, 10:02 AM
If the pitching and defense stay strong, they will get by alright with both sidelined. Frank will play. Valentin will play unless the trainer says otherwise.

Lip Man 1
04-20-2004, 01:54 PM
You never like to have to play a team like the Yankees without two of your more experienced, offensive minded players.

Lip

soxfan26
04-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
You never like to have to play a team like the Yankees without two of your more experienced, offensive minded players.

Lip

However it does help if we don't spot them a run by putting a butcher out at SS.

RichFitztightly
04-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

True, and to continue your thought, when those are the cards that are dealt, there are worse hands out there than what the Sox are playing with.

jackbrohamer
04-20-2004, 02:10 PM
If neither play, it'll be a chance to see how good the Sox are, or how well managed they are. The Sox were pretty healthy last year & look where it got them.