PDA

View Full Version : I'm fearing May

chisoxmike
04-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Yes, the Sox are off to a good start. Perhaps great considering what some of us thought they'd be in the offseason.

I think May is going to be equally hard if not harder for our team.

2 series vs. Baltimore
2 series vs. Twins; one is a 4-game series in Minn.
1 series vs. Angles.

Yes, the Twins don't look like the team from last season, but mark my words, they'll play us like it was mid-September

So, May could be the test for our ballclub. And, the Sox never play well in May. It will be interesting, but fun if they prove all the "experts" wrong.

GO SOX!

VeeckAsInWreck
04-19-2004, 10:00 PM
Good teams will win no matter what. Let's worry about May when it gets here. GO SOX! :smile:

SoxxoS
04-19-2004, 10:08 PM
I think May sets up great.

2 home/Toronto
3 at Baltimore
3 at Toronto
3 home/Baltimore
3 home Twinkies
3 at Cleveland
3 at Minnesota
3 home Texas
3 home Anaheim

We are facing arguably 2 teams that are going to be in the playoff hunt, with half of the games at home. May is going to be fine...or at least it better be.

June is the killer

2 at Oakland
3 at Seattle
3 Phily at home
3 Atlanta at home
3 at the fighting fish
3 at Montreal
4 Cleveland at home
3 at home vs. Cubs
2 at Minnesota

That is arguably 8 teams in the playoff hunt. That is the make or break month.

Cubbiesuck13
04-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Those are the games that I have been waiting for. This is were the Oz has to be a big factor. To keep a team concentrated on the task at hand even after you loose one or two in a row. I can't wait until that happens, that will show the tenacity of a team, tenacity being more important than a bullpen in some respects.

chisoxmike
04-19-2004, 10:18 PM
June is the killer

Ha, I wasn't even looking that far ahead! Yeah, we should rename the thread to "I'm fearing/looking forward to June"

SSN721
04-20-2004, 06:54 AM
I would just like to see them finish April solidly before I even start worrying about May or June.

Wsoxmike59
04-20-2004, 07:43 AM
Nothing to fear chisoxmike, the Sox generally rise to the level of their competition. After we face the Yankees the schedule levels off a little bit for us with Tampa Bay and Cleveland.

I agree May, June and into July the Sox will be facing a lot of tough teams. There are no push overs this year in the AL for the most part.

I was looking at the Cubs schedule for June, and they too have a rough one. It should be a fun month of baseball on both sides of town.

I relish the Cross-town Series this summer, it should be a lot of fun and a playoff atmosphere in the city on those back to back weekend series.

wdelaney72
04-20-2004, 08:56 AM
I personally think it will be great to see how they handle the tough May and June schedule. That was the funnest part of the 2000 season.

It will certainly give us an idea as to where we stand.

I'm also curious to see if Ozzie can help this team win on the west coast road trip. That has been a real problem in years past.

wdelaney72
04-20-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Wsoxmike59
I relish the Cross-town Series this summer, it should be a lot of fun and a playoff atmosphere in the city on those back to back weekend series.

I look forward to once again pounding Kerry Wood. Good pitcher, but so over-rated.

mrwag
04-20-2004, 09:16 AM
Heck, I was jsut glad to see them beat Tampa Bay. That's something the Sox couldn't do last year!

Railsplitter
04-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Maybe if the Sox come out of April with a good record, they'll have the confidence needed in May.

jabrch
04-20-2004, 09:56 AM
Right now, I am looking forward to seeing them take out the Yanks at home - 2 of 3 at least.

May will be tough, June will be even harder. But this team is built well enough to handle it provided we have no injuries. Maybe if things are going well in June as far as attendance goes, we could see reinforements brought in to replace Danny Wright.

sas1974
04-20-2004, 10:04 AM
I am personally worried about tonight. And tomorrow, I will be worried about tomorrow night. Even though it's about the worst cliche in sports, we need to "take it one day at a time." If we handle our business, day in and day out, and play the right way, we'll be just fine.

soxrme
04-20-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
I would just like to see them finish April solidly before I even start worrying about May or June.

I agree, big series against the Yanks first. Let's hope we take 2 of 3 and then the Yankees can get hot.

delben91
04-20-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by mrwag
Heck, I was jsut glad to see them beat Tampa Bay. That's something the Sox couldn't do last year!

Bring on Detroit!!