PDA

View Full Version : how is harold doing?

idseer
04-19-2004, 07:31 PM
any feedback on harold yet? doing well? doing poorly? too early to tell?

voodoochile
04-19-2004, 07:51 PM
I have been impressed with the defensive positioning the past few games. The other day against the DRays, there was a shot that I was sure was headed for the RCF gap and Maggs had to move like 5 steps to get it. Same thing happened the next day.

That is generally the job of the bench coach and I remember thinking that maybe Haaarold wasn't such a bad choice after all.

One small bit of annecdotal evidence in favor of Haaarold.

batmanZoSo
04-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by idseer
any feedback on harold yet? doing well? doing poorly? too early to tell?

Well, in the word's of Harold himself,

voodoochile
04-19-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo

*****!

JohnBasedowYoda
04-19-2004, 08:23 PM

lol

delben91
04-19-2004, 08:24 PM

Haha. I love it. :gulp:

batmanZoSo
04-19-2004, 08:30 PM
I'm here all week.

SoxFan76
04-19-2004, 08:39 PM

Haha, it took me like 30 seconds to get that joke. I'm so stupid.

OEO Magglio
04-19-2004, 08:53 PM
LOL, Nicely done.

Brian26
04-19-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I have been impressed with the defensive positioning the past few games.

That's interesting. Hawk made a point in Saturday's game in the 9th of mentioning how the Sox outfielders were positioned too deep for having such a big lead. I think DJ basically mentioned the Sox outfielders were playing awfully deep, and Hawk replied with...

:hawk

"Yeah. TOO deep."

daveeym
04-19-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
That's interesting. Hawk made a point in Saturday's game in the 9th of mentioning how the Sox outfielders were positioned too deep for having such a big lead. I think DJ basically mentioned the Sox outfielders were playing awfully deep, and Hawk replied with...

:hawk

"Yeah. TOO deep."

Maggs plays on the frickin warning track. My guess is that it's because none of them are stellar going back on a ball and they'd rather give up a few singes instead of extra base hits in the gaps.

SoxFan76
04-19-2004, 10:31 PM
But if you have the lead, don't the opposing players usually aim for the fences? That's what I thought.

voodoochile
04-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
But if you have the lead, don't the opposing players usually aim for the fences? That's what I thought.

With a 5 run lead in the ninth, you are trying to keep everything in front of you to prevent something getting going.

I didn't see the plays in question, or I didn't notice and I definitely didn't hear Hawk.

I did notice earlier in the game Maggs well positioned to cut off a couple of gappers.

ChiSox14305635
04-19-2004, 11:48 PM
I have been impressed with the defensive positioning the past few games. The other day against the DRays, there was a shot that I was sure was headed for the RCF gap and Maggs had to move like 5 steps to get it. Same thing happened the next day.

That is generally the job of the bench coach and I remember thinking that maybe Haaarold wasn't such a bad choice after all.

One small bit of annecdotal evidence in favor of Haaarold.

I've heard quite a few people say before he got hurt that Harold was an excellent rightfielder with a good arm. Even though he could no longer play the position, he probably still had a good idea how they should be positioned. This could be another positive for this club, and the more, the better. :smile:

BKozi
04-19-2004, 11:52 PM

Sorry but I have to comment too. Nice post! I was really confused for a minute until the anvil fell on my head...

Paulwny
04-20-2004, 10:53 AM
With a 5 run lead in the ninth, you are trying to keep everything in front of you to prevent something getting going.

Exactly, playing by the book, correct thing to do.