PDA

View Full Version : Sox/Cubs tickets

Iwritecode
04-19-2004, 01:48 PM
Has anyone heard anything about when these will go on sale?

I would like to make one of the few games I go to this year a Sox/Cubs game...

JohnBasedowYoda
04-19-2004, 01:51 PM
something tells me they're all spoken for. i know it sucks i'd like to go pretty bad

MRKARNO
04-19-2004, 01:55 PM
If you dont already got them I recommend going to a ticker broker because that's probably the only other place you'll find them

kittle42
04-19-2004, 02:18 PM
To quote an annoying commercial....

You'll find it on EEEEEEEEEEEE-BAAAAAAAAAY.

jabrch
04-19-2004, 02:24 PM
You mean the Sox don't hold some of the best tickets back so they can sell them through a shell company for more money? I thought every baseball franchise did things like that?

BeerHandle
04-19-2004, 04:43 PM
I believe all the tickets are gone. The tickets were gobbled up by sponsors, season tickets, split season tickets and the 9 game package.

Try www. openseats.com and click on ticket exchance. This is not the broker section and you make get a better deal. You negotiate with the ticket owner.

steff
04-19-2004, 05:01 PM
According to our rep they aren't all gone. They are being held because they wanted to give all plan holders an opportunity to buy them and not all have responded. Look for them mid May is my guess to release and sell any that have not been claimed. Don't quote me. The reps aren't being given all the details either so this was a guess on his part.

jabrch
04-19-2004, 06:07 PM
If they do have any left, it wouldn't surprise me to hear about a new FantasticFour where you buy tickets at full price to any four games, and buy Cubs/Sox tickets to one game also at full price. Or something like that I don't blame them - lets sell as many tickets as we can.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-19-2004, 06:20 PM
anyone got any left for sox cubs series?

Cellview22
04-19-2004, 07:06 PM
If a number of tickets are being held for a later release, it would only make sense to announce it during a SOX GAME.. for Example, Hawk could announce it during the 9th inning that immediately following the game tickets go on sale. That way Cubs fans would be left out in the dark, and only Sox fans would know about it and have first grabs at those tickets..and the game at the Cell would be majority Sox fans.. instead of 50/50 like previous years.

Daver
04-19-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Cellview22
If a number of tickets are being held for a later release, it would only make sense to announce it during a SOX GAME.. for Example, Hawk could announce it during the 9th inning that immediately following the game tickets go on sale. That way Cubs fans would be left out in the dark, and only Sox fans would know about it and have first grabs at those tickets..and the game at the Cell would be majority Sox fans.. instead of 50/50 like previous years.

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

delben91
04-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Man, with this new 9 game plan, makes me glad that I flew up for the Cubs/Sox in the Cell last summer. A series of games I'll never forget.