PDA

View Full Version : Yankees-Red Sox on ESPN

doublem23
04-19-2004, 11:36 AM
Morning Game in Boston... So far 3-0 Spanks.

The last thing we need is for the Yankees to start swinging their bats well. Wait 3 more games! :(:

Brian26
04-19-2004, 11:48 AM
At the same time, I rather play the Yankees after they split with Boston than have them come in here pissed because they just got swept or lost the series 3-1.

Baby Fisk
04-19-2004, 11:57 AM
This is not exactly the roaring Yankee machine of years before. They seem lethargic out of the gate. A-Rod has spent the first 2 weeks deep under the Mendoza Line, and no one has stepped up to take the pressure away from him. Kevin Brown is pitching like a bastard, so I'm glad we don't face him this week. Why not sweep the Yanks?! We face an MLB first-timer on the mound tomorrow. Let's give him a rude welcome.

Tekijawa
04-19-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
We face an MLB first-timer on the mound tomorrow. Let's give him a rude welcome.

I can't EVER remeber us giving a "first-timer" a rude avakening?

ChiSox14305635
04-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa

:jerry

That's because I was running the show

:ozzie

Which is why they hired me.

Tekijawa
04-19-2004, 12:55 PM
I also wanted to comment that I watched ESPN this week and I was pretty sure that the only Basebal that was going on was the Boston New York Series, I don't know if a 15 minute segment at the opening of sports center is needed every time these teams play! I also Didn't need a recap of the other games that they have played this season...

WinningUgly!
04-19-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa

Miguel Asencio immediately comes to mind.

Baby Fisk
04-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Maybe the Sox would benefit from having a more hated rival in their own division. I recall in the 70s there was some hate for the Royals going around, and before that there were the Yanks themselves. I find myself hating Minnesota a great deal more than I used to, but it's still hard to get worked into a lather over the Tigers or Indians these days. Yes, yes, there's always the Cubs, but that's only for 6 games a year. We happen to be in a division without another huge market team like a New York, Boston, or L.A., which is why you'll never seen ESPN going gaga for a Sox series like they do for Yanks-Carmines.

:reinsy
"Let me correct you there, sport. In reality, there are no huge market teams in the AL Central."

QUICK UPDATE FROM BOSTON -- A-Rod goes 0-4 Monday, dropping his BA to something like .149. YOWCH! The BoSox have taken a 5-4 lead in the 8th.

doublem23
04-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Miguel Asencio immediately comes to mind.

Yeah, but that was totally his fault. I don't even think one of those 16 balls were even close.

Tekijawa
04-19-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Yeah, but that was totally his fault. I don't even think one of those 16 balls were even close.

If I remember correctly he came in in relief too?

WinningUgly!
04-19-2004, 02:00 PM
QUICK UPDATE FROM BOSTON -- A-Rod goes 0-4 Monday, dropping his BA to something like .149. YOWCH! The BoSox have taken a 5-4 lead in the 8th.

There's now a building on fire very close to Fenway Park. Tons of smoke visible by the fans in the stadium. The Boston Marathon is also going on right now. What a mess it will be in Boston after this game!

Baby Fisk
04-19-2004, 02:04 PM
There's now a building on fire very close to Fenway Park. Tons of smoke visible by the fans in the stadium. The Boston Marathon is also going on right now. What a mess it will be in Boston after this game!
It's probably Bostonians celebrating the win over NY. Foulke just came in and struck out 2 in the 9th. A-Rod got his first hit of the series to go 1-5 for the day. Let's hope chaos reigns in the Yankee clubhouse for the next 3 days. GO GO SOX!

Tekijawa
04-19-2004, 02:05 PM
What a mess it will be in Boston after this game!

You should have seen what a mess it was BEFORE the game!

Deadguy
04-19-2004, 02:19 PM
It's probably Bostonians celebrating the win over NY. Foulke just came in and struck out 2 in the 9th. A-Rod got his first hit of the series to go 1-5 for the day. Let's hope chaos reigns in the Yankee clubhouse for the next 3 days. GO GO SOX!

A-Rod, Brian Giles, and Carlos Delgado are off to ridiculously terrible starts. Even though just 7.5% of the season has passed, these numbers are going to put a dent in their overall numbers. There's still plenty of time to recover, but it's no longer that early.

Jim Thome got off to a similar start in 2002, and ended up having an outstanding year. Giambi had a terrible start in 2003, and then had a huge June, before falling off in September again, but still finished in the top 10 in the league in OPS.