PDA

View Full Version : How passionate are Sox fans

cburns
04-19-2004, 01:37 AM
Maybe the only reason im agreeing with myself is because im right, but I happen to think that White Sox fans are the most passionate fans in baseball. We are more loyal and intelligent than 99% of other teams fans (i.e. the scrubs). We are definitely a different breed of fan. We have to live in the shadows of the north siders...the only fans that can compare to us are the Mets, but we have more history as a team than they do. Our team gets dicked over on media coverage, we never get enough credit or recognition from anyone...ah im pissed off!! sounds about right being a Sox fan i guess

bartmanisgod
04-19-2004, 02:39 AM
I have so much respect for all sox fans! Being one is one of the most heartbreaking things on earth. While we love our team down to the bone, we are left with nothing but dissappointment, while we are lambasted by cub fans who say their stadium is better, they pack the stadium, they have an owner who cares, they don't have trashballs fans that attack umps.

We've heard them all! The worst part is that this website is about our only safe haven! No newspaper will give us coverage, no sports show will give us coverage, and heaven forbid you leave the state and tell people you're from Chicago they automatically assume you are a cubs fan as if there wasn't another team!

However, I believe this is what makes us different from any other fan! The fact that we have these type of conditions. Yea we might not pack our stadium, but at least I can say that everyone in the stadium is belongs to the most loyal group of fans on earth, and that he or she probably knows just about everything there is to know about white sox baseball! (Unlike 75% of the fans at Wrigley who know Shamee and might know Prior if they are REAL intelligent)

I don't think there is anything I am more passionate about than White Sox Baseball! It's what I live for! I challenge any Cub fan to match our love for our team! I cannot wait for the day when all of the heartbreak pays off! When the White Sox win the World Series! When that day comes I might just drop to my knees and cry!

May our love for our team pay off soon! GO SOX!

white sox bill
04-19-2004, 06:27 AM
I'm with both of you---It's kinda like racism, now I know what it might have been to be African American decades ago. We are slanted and have been labeled as the "bad egg".

I wore a Sox Polo shirt to a birthday party yesterday and I really didn't know very many people there, but they were all fans of the evil empire and I did hear a remarks about the Sox, don't know if they were negative or positive since they were hardly audible. I stood there very proud and somewhat smuggly and loved it!

MRKARNO
04-19-2004, 08:23 AM
Every fan group is convinced that they're the best in baseball. We're pretty good, but I dont know how we could possibly argue that with our attendence

DrummerGeorgefan
04-19-2004, 08:42 AM
Being a sox fan has very special and unique roots. Very few people move to Chicago from other places and become Sox fans. They usually pick some other team we won't mention.

That being as it is, we all share common beliefs and ways. IMO, Sox fans reflect everything that has made the city great. We work hard, don't take any bull, and will generally bend over backwards for others. Its almost like being a Sox fan is to still uphold so called immigrant values.

The passion for team comes not from media hype, but from a realization that if you want to spend your life cheering on a team with others who share the same attitude as you.

I say this because I have never met a true Sox fan who I wouldnt call a friend.

Baby Fisk
04-19-2004, 08:45 AM
What's most depressing about being a Sox fan for me is that when I wear my Sox gear around town, other baseball fans look upon me not with contempt or hate, but pity. :(:

It's hard to be passionate about something that disappoints you year in and year out, but the payoff, when it comes, will be off the scales for intensity and orgasmic explosiveness! (Sorry Mods...)

Dadawg_77
04-19-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by white sox bill
I'm with both of you---It's kinda like racism, now I know what it might have been to be African American decades ago. We are slanted and have been labeled as the "bad egg".

I wore a Sox Polo shirt to a birthday party yesterday and I really didn't know very many people there, but they were all fans of the evil empire and I did hear a remarks about the Sox, don't know if they were negative or positive since they were hardly audible. I stood there very proud and somewhat smuggly and loved it!

That might be going a tad bit too far.

I think we should get over ourselves. Every, well most teams have very a group of very passionate fans. Yes, even the flubies do.

fhqwhgads
04-19-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Every fan group is convinced that they're the best in baseball.

I do not think that statement is true at all. I could not say with a straight face that Twins' fans are the best in baseball. Some of us, individually, are just as passionate as any Sox fan. Overall, I'd have to say that Sox fans are much more passionate (some would say "better") fans.

Railsplitter
04-19-2004, 08:55 AM
Recently, on one of the C.S.I. shows, the cops figured out somebody was from Chicago because he coached a Little League team called the White Sox. Thier rationale was that since coaches in Little League get to chose the team's name and "Only somebody from Chicago would name a team White Sox. "

Interesting to see how check How many people visiting the Urinal live more than 70 miles from Chicago and comparing that to the Cell.

Dadawg_77
04-19-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
Recently, on one of the C.S.I. shows, the cops figured out somebody was from Chicago because he coached a Little League team called the White Sox. Thier rationale was that since coaches in Little League get to chose the team's name and "Only somebody from Chicago would name a team White Sox. "

Interesting to see how check How many people visiting the Urinal live more than 70 miles from Chicago and comparing that to the Cell.

The main actor on that show is Chicagoan. I have no idea if he is a Sox or flub fan.

Yorke97
04-19-2004, 09:23 AM
I agree that White Sox fans are among the most passionate in all of baseball. The only downside is that we (seemingly) so few. I once checked out an AOL message board for MLB and it listed how many were for each team, and the White Sox were third in the most posts, with only the Yankmes and Mets having more posts. Even the supposedly great Boston fan base only had half as many posts to the White Sox. We are definitely an elite crowd, all we need is an elite team.

jackbrohamer
04-19-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Every fan group is convinced that they're the best in baseball. We're pretty good, but I dont know how we could possibly argue that with our attendence

GAFM, why does every conversation about baseball in Chicago always always go back to attendance and how "pretty" the ballparks are?

CanOfCorn
04-19-2004, 10:29 AM
Probably the moment that made me the most proud to be a Sox fan was waiting in line at the urinals at Comiskey, and seeing two fans talking while going to the bathroom.

Both of them were aiming with their right hands and debating how Jim Parque threw his curveball with their left.

I think every established team has the core group of fans that lives and dies with the team, and is a walking, talking encyclopedia of franchise history, and really pays attention to the game.

The Cubs probably have a lot of fans like the Sox fans we're asserting ourselves as, but they're overshadowed by the people who think Cubdom is chic, and Wrigley Field is a singles bar. The Yankees have loyal, rooted fans. They also have a lot of bandwagoners who don't know that Yankees jerseys don't have names on the back.

I think the difference with the Sox is that we don't have as much of the riff-raff in our fanbase. It's very much a "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" group. I'm a third-generation South Sider going to school in Missouri, and Royals fans like to accuse me of being "one of 500 people in the Chicago area who is a Sox fan."

As Rick Morrissey wrote, we're not for the cuddly Cubs world. We're a no-nonsense fan base. We don't embrace losers, AND we don't dwell on losing, and that doesn't make for as great of a story (like Boston).

But then again, I'm just a n00b.

Fridaythe13thJason
04-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
GAFM, why does every conversation about baseball in Chicago always always go back to attendance and how "pretty" the ballparks are?

Well, when the thread has to do with passion and being the best fans in baseball, I think you can make a case for us, but it's hard to beat other teams who also have intelligent fans, and 35,000 of them who show up every day. i.e. Cardinals, Red Sox.

The author of this thread makes a good point that we are good fans, national types have said the same. We know our stuff. We're not Rays fans or Rockies fans, but there are other fans out there who probably have us beat.

Fridaythe13thJason
04-19-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by CanOfCorn
Probably the moment that made me the most proud to be a Sox fan was waiting in line at the urinals at Comiskey, and seeing two fans talking while going to the bathroom.

Both of them were aiming with their right hands and debating how Jim Parque threw his curveball with their left.

I think every established team has the core group of fans that lives and dies with the team, and is a walking, talking encyclopedia of franchise history, and really pays attention to the game.

The Cubs probably have a lot of fans like the Sox fans we're asserting ourselves as, but they're overshadowed by the people who think Cubdom is chic, and Wrigley Field is a singles bar. The Yankees have loyal, rooted fans. They also have a lot of bandwagoners who don't know that Yankees jerseys don't have names on the back.

I think the difference with the Sox is that we don't have as much of the riff-raff in our fanbase. It's very much a "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" group. I'm a third-generation South Sider going to school in Missouri, and Royals fans like to accuse me of being "one of 500 people in the Chicago area who is a Sox fan."

As Rick Morrissey wrote, we're not for the cuddly Cubs world. We're a no-nonsense fan base. We don't embrace losers, AND we don't dwell on losing, and that doesn't make for as great of a story (like Boston).

But then again, I'm just a n00b.

Welcome to WSI...and only to a baseball fan could two guys peeing and chatting, etc. be a proud moment. :smile:

jackbrohamer
04-19-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by UICJason
Well, when the thread has to do with passion and being the best fans in baseball, I think you can make a case for us, but it's hard to beat other teams who also have intelligent fans, and 35,000 of them who show up every day. i.e. Cardinals, Red Sox.

The author of this thread makes a good point that we are good fans, national types have said the same. We know our stuff. We're not Rays fans or Rockies fans, but there are other fans out there who probably have us beat.

Red Sox fans are intelligent? When did that happen, all I ever hear them do is bellyache about Babe Ruth

Fridaythe13thJason
04-19-2004, 11:00 AM
Red Sox fans are intelligent? When did that happen, all I ever hear them do is bellyache about Babe Ruth

That's national media BS and television melodrama. Real Red Sox fans who sit in the seats every day and wear their cap everywhere are quite intelligent about the game of baseball and its history.

Of course, they have their bandwagoneers like everyone else, especially playing in that park.

batmanZoSo
04-19-2004, 11:08 AM

Red Sox fan's are the most annoying in all of sports. Even the owner's stoop to childish name calling. They have the gall to call the Yankees the "evil empire." As if they're the only ones who shell out tens of millions every year and grab all the free agents. Wake up Red Sox, you're number 2 in payroll. Your M.O. is the same as the Evil Empire's. The difference is, they win championships.

Corlose 15
04-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
The main actor on that show is Chicagoan. I have no idea if he is a Sox or flub fan.

He's a flubbie fan, I remember when they had him on OTL nightly on ESPN during the divisional series against the braves last year.

As for me and my Sox fandom, I'm a third generation Sox fan and I have never lived in the state of Illinois. My dad was born on the west side and he has passed on his passion for the Sox to me and my older brother. As for us being more passionate than other fans all I can base that on is Tiger's fans. I would probably say that we are more passionate. Michigan is a great sports state but Detroit fans just seem kind of dorky in how they follow the Tigers. Its kind of hard to explain.

jackbrohamer
04-19-2004, 11:39 AM
That's national media BS and television melodrama. Real Red Sox fans who sit in the seats every day and wear their cap everywhere are quite intelligent about the game of baseball and its history.

I lived in Boston for 5 years, the average White Sox fan is much more knowledgeable than the averge BoSox fan, IMHO.

Lip Man 1
04-19-2004, 12:43 PM
A few points:

Mr. Karno says: "Every fan group is convinced that they're the best in baseball. We're pretty good, but I dont know how we could possibly argue that with our attendence."

Given that many Sox fans flat out refuse to physically go back to a game until current ownership has disappeared, yet still watches and listens to them through TV and radio, tells me they are passionate enough to do what they have to do in the hopes that someday things will be better. That's a strong indication to me of how good Sox fan are.

As far as C.S.I. The actor is named William Peterson. (He played football at Idaho State by the way...) In Rick Telander's Sports Illustrated story in April 7, 2003, he had this to say:

"Peterson says he would root for the Sox if there were no Cubs and at any rate, "I don't root against them..."" But the Sox have what he describes as 'bad dynamics.' "Man they used they used to have exciting guys like Luis Aparicio and Nellie Fox. Now, Frank Thomas, Mark Buehrle, Bartolo Colon? Like I could care? There are heroes on the North Side. Thomas is a mope. Snap out of it" Plus I hate the park."

Lip

jackbrohamer
04-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
....As far as C.S.I. The actor is named William Peterson. (He played football at Idaho State by the way...) In Rick Telander's Sports Illustrated story in April 7, 2003, he had this to say:

"Peterson says he would root for the Sox if there were no Cubs and at any rate, "I don't root against them..."" But the Sox have what he describes as 'bad dynamics.' "Man they used they used to have exciting guys like Luis Aparicio and Nellie Fox. Now, Frank Thomas, Mark Buehrle, Bartolo Colon? Like I could care? There are heroes on the North Side. Thomas is a mope. Snap out of it" Plus I hate the park." Lip

Well thought-out analysis by someone who is obviously a true connoisseur of the sport

Fridaythe13thJason
04-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Well thought-out analysis by someone who is obviously a true connoisseur of the sport

I don't think he said he was a baseball pundit. For an actor, he surprisingly knows a lot and can name players on teams. Clearly I don't agree with him, but it's just his opinion, and it's a pretty decent one for a celebrity. Celebrities usually know nothing and follow the crowd.

jackbrohamer
04-19-2004, 02:22 PM
I don't think he said he was a baseball pundit. For an actor, he surprisingly knows a lot and can name players on teams. Clearly I don't agree with him, but it's just his opinion, and it's a pretty decent one for a celebrity. Celebrities usually know nothing and follow the crowd.

Being a Cubs fan & ripping the Sox is not following the crowd?

Fridaythe13thJason
04-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Being a Cubs fan & ripping the Sox is not following the crowd?

Cause lots of Cubs fans talk about Mark Buehrle and Nellie Fox and Aparicio.

jackbrohamer
04-19-2004, 03:14 PM
Cause lots of Cubs fans talk about Mark Buehrle and Nellie Fox and Aparicio.

Fox & Aparacio are, um, Hall of Famers from Chicago. Not much of a stretch for a local middle-aged guy to know their names.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-19-2004, 03:15 PM
It's hard to be objective and say with truth that we are the best fans in baseball since we are biased. But we can all agree that we've been through plenty of heatbreak, bad decisions and so on and so forth.

Every team has a diehard fan base, and for those who share a common devotion to cheering for your teams (be it White Sox, Schulbs, yankmes, and Crimson Tide Sox) we salute you. For that, it's miller time!

Fridaythe13thJason
04-19-2004, 03:20 PM
Fox & Aparacio are, um, Hall of Famers from Chicago. Not much of a stretch for a local middle-aged guy to know their names.

So we make fun of Cubs fans for not knowing players on their own team, but now when they can name White Sox HOF's from 30 years ago, *that's just common knowledge.*

Give the guy a break. Celebrities don't know sports, for the most part. He has a clue, even though it's not what I believe to be true. Why can't we respect a bit of knowledge?

mweflen
04-19-2004, 03:23 PM
One of the most intelligent fans i've ever spoken to was a Red Sox fan.

White Sox fans do seem to know the game well, and have a certain hardened bitterness about them which is charming :smile:

(personally, my bitterness isn't hardened yet - it's more of a fresh, pulsing passionate bitterness - but i'm only 26, and a sox fan for 15 years or so)

I have to say, too, there are some Yankees fans who really know their baseball, too. But it's too easy to be a yankees fan - of COURSE there are some passionate yanks fans, since they're so often rewarded by their team's success.

In the end, I can't really compare our fan base to a whole lot of others - the only sure statement is that we're leagues... light years... ahead of Cubs fans. They seem to be about 10% knowledgeable, 30% Casual, and 60% idiot bandwagon-jumpers.

Our fan-base strikes me as 40% knowledgeable and 60% casual. (No bandwagon to speak of, yet)

wdelaney72
04-19-2004, 03:37 PM
Everybody knows that New York fans are the most passionate in all sports. Just ask anyone in the media.

vegyrex
04-19-2004, 04:15 PM
I lived in Boston for 5 years, the average White Sox fan is much more knowledgeable than the averge BoSox fan, IMHO.

I lived there for almost 3 years and I found them to be extremely knowledgeable about baseball. Unfortunately they also consider cub fans kindred spirits. That makes no sense to me.

rcescato
04-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Yorke97
I agree that White Sox fans are among the most passionate in all of baseball. The only downside is that we (seemingly) so few. I once checked out an AOL message board for MLB and it listed how many were for each team, and the White Sox were third in the most posts, with only the Yankmes and Mets having more posts. Even the supposedly great Boston fan base only had half as many posts to the White Sox. We are definitely an elite crowd, all we need is an elite team.

Just a note to make your day. I just had my 40th b-day last weekend. My nieces gave me a present with 40 reasons why they love me and a few of them were: we love you because you
showed us how to love baseball, we love you because you showed us how to love the White Sox, we love you because you showed us how to hit. It made my day.
Yes we are the most passionate fans and we all will continue to pass it down from generation to generation. They are between
3 and 9 years old. GO GO YOU WHITE SOX !!
Rich

TornLabrum
04-19-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Yorke97

About 95% of those AOL posts are from the one of my all-time heroes: Aggravated White Sox Fan Bob (from Lincoln Park).

TornLabrum
04-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
It's hard to be objective and say with truth that we are the best fans in baseball since we are biased. But we can all agree that we've been through plenty of heatbreak, bad decisions and so on and so forth.

Every team has a diehard fan base, and for those who share a common devotion to cheering for your teams (be it White Sox, Schulbs, yankmes, and Crimson Tide Sox) we salute you. For that, it's miller time!

This is a totally biased site. Therefore, we can say without hesitation that White Sox fans are the best in baseball!

JohnBasedowYoda
04-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
This is a totally biased site. Therefore, we can say without hesitation that White Sox fans are the best in baseball!

I guess i forgot to read the fine print :)

Lip Man 1
04-19-2004, 08:43 PM
Here's how big a Chicago sports fan Peterson is. A few years ago he was in Atlanta making a movie and left to fly to Maryland for a few hours on a Sunday so he could watch the Bears play the Redskins on TV. He couldn't get that game in Georgia.

Not saying I agree with his analysis of the Sox but he seems to be a real Chicago sports fan.

Lip

MikeW
04-19-2004, 10:15 PM
I can't tell you how many times the Sox have broken my heart over the years and I don't even live in Chicago. I'm a lone warrior in Yankee country and have had their team shoved down my throat for 40 years. I'll tell you one thing about the Yankees; before 1996 there was a lot of talk of them moving to New Jersey because no one would go to the South Bronx anymore. Now they put a small dynasty together and the Yankee fans come crawling out of the woodwork, much like Cubs fans. I will live and die with the Sox and hope I see one World Series in my life.

batmanZoSo
04-19-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by MikeW
I can't tell you how many times the Sox have broken my heart over the years and I don't even live in Chicago. I'm a lone warrior in Yankee country and have had their team shoved down my throat for 40 years. I'll tell you one thing about the Yankees; before 1996 there was a lot of talk of them moving to New Jersey because no one would go to the South Bronx anymore. Now they put a small dynasty together and the Yankee fans come crawling out of the woodwork, much like Cubs fans. I will live and die with the Sox and hope I see one World Series in my life.

That could happen to us just as easily if we put together not even a Yankees dynasty, but at least an Indians-type 1st place dynasty. There are plenty Sox fans out there, enough to draw 35000 a night. We did it before, we can do it again.

scottyl
04-20-2004, 12:53 AM
Sox fans are special because it is not "easy" to be a White Sox fan. Wearing White Sox gear around town is a statement--not a fashion statement or trendiness statement as a certain team's gear all too often is.

The thing I worry most about is that Sox fans can dwell too much on the fact that we aren't respected enough. It may be true, but don't let other people's perceptions become reality. If we act like the downtrodden team we will be thought of as such. We may get sympathy that way, but we will also be subject to being thought of as 2nd tier.

The best things we can do as Sox fans is to wear our gear proudly and support one another. A couple of times I've had people notice my Sox hat as I walk around, and they point to the hat, and we get to share a knowing smile and a "Yeah, go Sox"--it makes my day.

Just this weekend I was eating out with my buddies when we overheard this girl saying, "No, no, I'm a White Sox fan. A White Sox fan!" My buddy said, "Hey, this guy is a White Sox fan!" She came over and we exchanged a brief conversation about the team's good start and Mags and I told her not to let the Cub fans she was hanging out with off the hook. It was a fun moment.

These impromptu bits are fun, and I think they can strengthen the fan base. Not everyone is as diehard as we might want them to be, but if we see enough Sox fans around and Sox fans are friendly, it will help strengthen everyone and help us all remember why we love being Sox fans.

The other thing we as Sox fans can do is make efforts to get out to the ballpark. If everybody made sure to get out to some games (within the confines of what they can afford) it would help our overall attendance. This would do 2 things. 1) Help the team generate revenue. More revenue = more money to pay players. 2) It would take away the media's ability to say nobody shows up for Sox games. The changes to the ballpark look beautiful--I can't wait to get out there--and I hope more Sox fans do. We have an exciting team, there is no reason to not show up.

The key is that you can't just sit around and gripe. That's the easy route. Being a fan is a participatory practice of following and supporting the team by showing up.

It is through participation and loyalty that sports fans can say "we" when they refer to their team.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-20-2004, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by scottyl
Sox fans are special because it is not "easy" to be a White Sox fan. Wearing White Sox gear around town is a statement--not a fashion statement or trendiness statement as a certain team's gear all too often is.

The thing I worry most about is that Sox fans can dwell too much on the fact that we aren't respected enough. It may be true, but don't let other people's perceptions become reality. If we act like the downtrodden team we will be thought of as such. We may get sympathy that way, but we will also be subject to being thought of as 2nd tier.

The best things we can do as Sox fans is to wear our gear proudly and support one another. A couple of times I've had people notice my Sox hat as I walk around, and they point to the hat, and we get to share a knowing smile and a "Yeah, go Sox"--it makes my day.

Just this weekend I was eating out with my buddies when we overheard this girl saying, "No, no, I'm a White Sox fan. A White Sox fan!" My buddy said, "Hey, this guy is a White Sox fan!" She came over and we exchanged a brief conversation about the team's good start and Mags and I told her not to let the Cub fans she was hanging out with off the hook. It was a fun moment.

These impromptu bits are fun, and I think they can strengthen the fan base. Not everyone is as diehard as we might want them to be, but if we see enough Sox fans around and Sox fans are friendly, it will help strengthen everyone and help us all remember why we love being Sox fans.

The other thing we as Sox fans can do is make efforts to get out to the ballpark. If everybody made sure to get out to some games (within the confines of what they can afford) it would help our overall attendance. This would do 2 things. 1) Help the team generate revenue. More revenue = more money to pay players. 2) It would take away the media's ability to say nobody shows up for Sox games. The changes to the ballpark look beautiful--I can't wait to get out there--and I hope more Sox fans do. We have an exciting team, there is no reason to not show up.

The key is that you can't just sit around and gripe. That's the easy route. Being a fan is a participatory practice of following and supporting the team by showing up.

It is through participation and loyalty that sports fans can say "we" when they refer to their team.

Beautiful post, paragraphs 1,2 should be on a plaque somewhere.

WhiteSox = Life
04-20-2004, 01:49 AM

Very, very good post.

With the ever-growing disparity in media coverage, it's easy for a Sox fan to take the "world against me" approach. It's that type of mentality that while seemingly necessary at times, strays from a key component regarding what being a part of the Sox fan base is: togetherness.

When Sox fans stick together, it goes from a one against everybody belief to a much stronger indoctrinated thought process of "together we stand, divided we fall."

There may be times when it's easier to distance yourself and at certain cases, it has to be done but if you're going to separate from everybody else, you're going to make everything a lot tougher on yourself. For example, members of this site have said they're leaving and won't be back, but are compelled to come back. Why? Not just because it's an incredible site, but because it's all about being one of thousands of fans of the Chicago White Sox and being around people of your kinship.

So everybody, go out and promulgate your being a White Sox fan. Not just anybody can say that, and isn't that just a microcosm of how special it is to be Sox fan?

Pardon my late night / early morning idealism.

:smile:

RavenswoodFan
04-20-2004, 02:00 AM
I agree this team gets no respect whatsoever!!! You mark my words this team will win the central and the cubs will be in a death-defying struggle to avoid last place and the headlines in both Chicago Papers will print headline's regarding the cubs ability to avoid the basement!

red faber
04-20-2004, 03:36 AM

Of course, they have their bandwagoneers like everyone else, especially playing in that park.

me personally,

i have absolutely no respect for people who glorify their team's futility.

red sox fans are just as bad as cubs fans in my book,and i hope neither one of those teams ever wins a championship in my lifetime!!!!!!!!!

Realist
04-20-2004, 04:25 AM

POTW... excuse me while I ferret out some Kleenex. You rock.

RavenswoodFan
04-20-2004, 05:15 AM
It really sucks to be treated like "infectious" disease while being a SOX fan! Especially since I'm not from Chicago originaly! I always get the question " Your not from Chicago, and you're a SOX FAN!? Why?" I always respond with a reply of "Why does every transplant have to root for such a ****ty baseball club?!?! "

scottyl
04-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
Beautiful post, paragraphs 1,2 should be on a plaque somewhere.

Thanks to all for the kind words about my post.

We're great fans and supporters of our team. Stay positive.

Bisco Stu
04-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Watch Game 1 of the 2000 ALDS, when the Hose take the lead against the M's. Fenway doesn't get any more intense.

PissPoorSoxFans
04-21-2004, 02:36 AM
Man, you Sox fans are SOOOOOO cool. I thought I'd come over here and do some trolling. I really have no knowledge about baseball and am really just a dumbass hater, but I really, really want to be like you.

I've been banned? but...(lip quivers)... but....(nose wiggles)... but WHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY??!??!???!!!?

:troll

Later, doofus...

white sox bill
04-21-2004, 06:25 AM
Man, you Sox fans are SOOOOOO cool. I thought I'd come over here and do some trolling. I really have no knowledge about baseball and am really just a dumbass hater, but I really, really want to be like you.

I've been banned? but...(lip quivers)... but....(nose wiggles)... but WHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY??!??!???!!!?

:troll

Later, doofus...

Anyone here wanna take bets which moderator gives this Yankmee fan who lives in the city of our elected crooks the 'ol

"Gas he gone!!"

2 to 1 it may be George himself!!

voodoochile
04-21-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by white sox bill
Anyone here wanna take bets which moderator gives this Yankmee fan who lives in the city of our elected crooks the 'ol

"Gas he gone!!"

2 to 1 it may be George himself!!

Wrong time of day. Probably Jjav who keeps weird hours or West Himself. He was moderated already when I reworked the post...

white sox bill
04-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Damn Voodoo, how can I get to do that pleasurable job!! And tell that poster to get his hair colored or something, he looks a bit peeked!