PDA

View Full Version : Vs. Twins Head to Head

batmanZoSo
04-19-2004, 01:21 AM
Those SOB's have beaten us every year since 2001, but in decreasing numbers.

2001: 4-15
2002: 8-11
2003: 9-10

And if it weren't for a major chokejob losing the last five in a row to them, we should've by all rights won the season series last year.

But it's time now. Last year we showed that we got over the Twins jinx of absolutely every conceivable break going their way...at least for most of the season.

Winning the division is not enough. I want to beat the crap out of the Twins when we play them. I won't be satisfied without at least 11-8. I know it's a ways off until we play them, but I'm still po'd about 2001. Do any of you feel the same way? Of course we all want to win the year head-to-head, but it's really high on my list.

cburns
04-19-2004, 01:27 AM
I completely agree...who wouldn't want to see the Sox give it to the Twinkies. But they have been the better TEAM over the past few seasons. I think this year we will have a better team and will be able to win the close games. The Sox have a better staff and better hitters, plus now that Rowand is in center, its an upgrade from carl everett.

bartmanisgod
04-19-2004, 02:15 AM
There is nothing I would like to see more than the Sox punish the Twins for the last three years! I want to see the white sox wipe the floor with the entire division. So far we have given it to the Royals! I would love to hand it to the Twinkies, Tigers and Indians as well... I want to sweep like a maid service and win this division by ten games!

I hate the twins! I want revenge! :angry: :angry: :angry:

fhqwhgads
04-19-2004, 08:10 AM
I really look forward to the Sox vs. Twins series every year. There is more of a real on-the-field 'rivalry' between these two than Twins vs. anyone else or Sox vs. anyone else (even the Flubs). I look forward to these games, mainly to trade in of all of these other arguments (strength of schedule, better players, better management, etc.) for settling it on the field.

That said, if you want the division title, and a winning head-to-head record, you'll have to take it from the Twins. :D:

WinningUgly!
04-19-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
That said, if you want the division title, and a winning head-to-head record, you'll have to take it from the Twins. :D:

Not a problem!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/FrankThomas/THOMASchoke.JPG

batmanZoSo
04-19-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Not a problem!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/FrankThomas/THOMASchoke.JPG

ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow!