PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Cooper and Loiza

BamaDoc
04-18-2004, 06:07 PM
There was an article that reported Loiza was not at the same arm angle on his cutter as last year. They mentioned working on it in the side session before this start. Obviously things appeared to help. Congrats to both for picking up a flaw and fixing it.

RedPinStripes
04-18-2004, 06:58 PM
I really like Coop. First time in a long time that we have a pitching coach that gets noticable results. His interviews are funny too.

manuelsucks
04-18-2004, 10:33 PM
I think Cooper is able to do more this year under Ozzie. I'm glad he got together with E-Lo. He looked awesome today. All his pitches were right were they should be, even in the 9th. A wonderfully pitched game. Good to see Cooper is earning his salary.

batmanZoSo
04-18-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I really like Coop. First time in a long time that we have a pitching coach that gets noticable results. His interviews are funny too.

Cooper is fantastic.

"I think I see a change in his arm angle, we'll work on that."

Next start, 2 hit shutout.

Mohoney
04-19-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

If Coop's calling the pitches, then SHOOT HIM! I've seen so many bad pitch calls that I want to puke. Maybe we should let CATCHERS CALL THE PITCHES!

DON'T THROW THE SAME EXACT PITCH 3 TIMES IN A ROW! PLEASE!

doublem23
04-19-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Mohoney
If Coop's calling the pitches, then SHOOT HIM! I've seen so many bad pitch calls that I want to puke. Maybe we should let CATCHERS CALL THE PITCHES!

DON'T THROW THE SAME EXACT PITCH 3 TIMES IN A ROW! PLEASE!

I know. Damn Devil Rays got a whole two hits today. I hate when that happens.

Mohoney
04-19-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I know. Damn Devil Rays got a whole two hits today. I hate when that happens.

I'm talking about Saturday. Marte threw 5 fastballs in a row until he FINALLY threw a slider for the last strikeout. A chimp could figure out that change is good. Don Cooper calls 99% fastballs, and that is why our bullpen blows leads. Another Manuel holdover that won't be replaced because the investors won't pony up the dough. Sad.

Hokiesox
04-19-2004, 07:14 AM
At least we don't have Nardi. Think of the alternative.

Iguana775
04-19-2004, 07:23 AM
I'm talking about Saturday. Marte threw 5 fastballs in a row until he FINALLY threw a slider for the last strikeout. A chimp could figure out that change is good. Don Cooper calls 99% fastballs, and that is why our bullpen blows leads. Another Manuel holdover that won't be replaced because the investors won't pony up the dough. Sad.

Nardi, is that you??

Cooper is a darn good pitching coach, IMO.

Brian26
04-19-2004, 08:25 AM

You're joking, right? Marte made Carl Crawford look like a little leaguer up there with the gas he was throwing. Why screw around and nibble with something offspeed when you go for the kill?

soltrain21
04-19-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
You're joking, right? Marte made Carl Crawford look like a little leaguer up there with the gas he was throwing. Why screw around and nibble with something offspeed when you go for the kill?

Don't you mean Pollitte? Either way, Cooper is a great pitching coach. I don't know what Mohoney is talking about.

Brian26
04-19-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by soltrain21
Don't you mean Pollitte? Either way, Cooper is a great pitching coach. I don't know what Mohoney is talking about.

My bad. I did mean Politte.

NonetheLoaiza
04-19-2004, 05:38 PM
if crawford was catching up to polittes fastball, i could see some reason to vent about the pitch call, but crawford could barely even touch the ball. i think he would have been all over a change if that was thrown in the middle of that sequence.