PDA

View Full Version : Longest homestand ?

Soxfest
04-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Why on earth would MLB make the Sox longest homestand of year in late April and early May in Chicago, and after having the Detroit Tigers for 3 weekend homestands last year I see we got them twice this year along with Seattle twice. Cubs play no one more than once on weekend homestand, weekend games are a premium for attendance and Sox fans should get a little better choice than what we have had the last 2 years.
:angry:

Hangar18
04-18-2004, 03:02 PM
Thats why I hope the MLB gets BURNED BADLY if the cubs flop in April. You know MLB wants badly, for the Cubs to start out hot, thats why theyre getting a steady diet of Reds, Pirates early in the season, so they can take the heat off themselves over this steroid scandal.
Fans: Hey MLB, what is going to happen with the Expos, and contracting 2 teams, and dealing with MLBs complicity in the Steroid Scandal??
MLB: "Hey look everyone, the cubs are in 1st place!!! what drama and history!""

Daver
04-18-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Thats why I hope the MLB gets BURNED BADLY if the cubs flop in April. You know MLB wants badly, for the Cubs to start out hot, thats why theyre getting a steady diet of Reds, Pirates early in the season, so they can take the heat off themselves over this steroid scandal.
Fans: Hey MLB, what is going to happen with the Expos, and contracting 2 teams, and dealing with MLBs complicity in the Steroid Scandal??
MLB: "Hey look everyone, the cubs are in 1st place!!! what drama and history!""

Time to change the tinfoil Hangar.

soxtalker
04-18-2004, 03:24 PM
There must be some information that describes how they come up with schedules. I find it very hard to believe any of the conspiracy theories. This has to be a very complex calculation that balances lots of constraints from the individual clubs. In Chicago we have more overlapping dates between the Cubs and Sox than we ever used to, and I assume that is something that they really try to avoid to maximize the revenue to MLB.

Hangar18
04-18-2004, 06:56 PM
MLB thought Home Run Chases were gonna save baseball.
Then MLB thought new stadiums for teams would save baseball.
Now, they quietly think that a Successful season by the RedSox & Cubs will save baseball ........

When Major television Networks are telling League Representatives WHO they would like to see in the Playoffs, and Openly are Disappointed when certain teams dont make it, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that, in order for MLB to save itself from itself, certain things may favor a certain team,
such as scheduling.
MLB is about making money, thats all you have to say to yourself
Dont think for a minute that this hasnt crossed their minds, whether it be their idea, or suggested to them ( by the networks). FOX certainly isnt going to tell you how they got caught with their network-pants-down with all the Extra coverage they gave cub fans, finally showing Marlin fans in Miami for game 7

kittle42
04-18-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
MLB thought Home Run Chases were gonna save baseball.
Then MLB thought new stadiums for teams would save baseball.
Now, they quietly think that a Successful season by the RedSox & Cubs will save baseball ........

Hasn't baseball kinda been saved? I mean, aside from the possible steroid crap, aren't ticket sales way up this year?