PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Lineup? on Saturday?


jabrch
04-18-2004, 04:09 AM
I didn't see the game - but is there any reason we got a Sunday lineup? Were there injuries to Crede, Aaron or PK?

A "Sunday Lineup" vs Victor Zambrano? I mean, I know we won and all, but what was Ozz thinking?

VeeckAsInWreck
04-18-2004, 04:16 AM
I am sure that Ozzie wanted a left-handed bat in the lineup, hence Gload in for Konerko.

Willie at 2B over Uribe I can see because Willie hits from the left side, but Uribe at 3B over Crede is beyond me. But hey, it worked. Uribe goes 2-4 and drives in a couple of runs. Maybe Ozzie and Harold do know what they are doing! :smile:

Nard
04-18-2004, 05:45 AM
TB will probably score less runs if Jose is out, too.

munchman33
04-18-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
I didn't see the game - but is there any reason we got a Sunday lineup? Were there injuries to Crede, Aaron or PK?

A "Sunday Lineup" vs Victor Zambrano? I mean, I know we won and all, but what was Ozz thinking?

What is worrying me most is that Ozzie isn't looking at previous history when determining lineups. He left Valentin out on Friday, when he's one of the few guys that we have that have had some success against Paul Abbott, and then yesterday he left out Konerko against Victor Zambrano, even though Paulie's got a lifetime .750 average against him!

I say screw the lefty/righty thing. If I guy's shown he can hit someone, let him play.

Jjav829
04-18-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
I didn't see the game - but is there any reason we got a Sunday lineup? Were there injuries to Crede, Aaron or PK?

A "Sunday Lineup" vs Victor Zambrano? I mean, I know we won and all, but what was Ozz thinking?

He shook-up the lineup after a dismal performance against a weak pitcher.

Are we going to get this every time that Ozzie decides to rest some guys? You know the starters aren't going to play 162 games, and Ozzie does have to get the guys on the bench some at-bats. It's not a "Sunday lineup," it's a simple matter of getting at-bats for some guys who haven't had many, and resting a few guys. It's a common practice in baseball.

mantis1212
04-18-2004, 11:43 AM
I saw that Valentin's hamstring was bothering him on Friday, that's why he wasn't in. And I think Ozzie is rotating the days off around the infield because Uribe is swinging a hot bat.

I agreed with the moves, 2 more hits and 2 more RBIs for Uribe, we need to leave him in for now...

munchman33
04-18-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by mantis1212
I saw that Valentin's hamstring was bothering him on Friday, that's why he wasn't in. And I think Ozzie is rotating the days off around the infield because Uribe is swinging a hot bat.

I agreed with the moves, 2 more hits and 2 more RBIs for Uribe, we need to leave him in for now...

Didn't realize Jose tweaked his hammy again. Then I'm fine with that. But there's no excuse for leaving Paulie out against Zambrano when he absolutely owns him likes its nobody's business but his own.

voodoochile
04-18-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by munchman33
Didn't realize Jose tweaked his hammy again. Then I'm fine with that. But there's no excuse for leaving Paulie out against Zambrano when he absolutely owns him likes its nobody's business but his own.

How many at bats is that based on? Just curious. .750 sounds a lot like 3 hits in 4 at bats. That's not a trend...

HawkDJ
04-18-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
But there's no excuse for leaving Paulie out against Zambrano when he absolutely owns him likes its nobody's business but his own.

I don't know where you got your stats but Yahoo! says Konerko is 1-for-3 lifetime against Zambrano.

Deadguy
04-18-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ
I don't know where you got your stats but Yahoo! says Konerko is 1-for-3 lifetime against Zambrano.

Contextually speaking, for Konerko, that is owning someone.