PDA

View Full Version : Good trend

Railsplitter
04-17-2004, 09:43 PM
So far this year, the Sox have not lost two games in a row. The longer this holds up, the more I'll like it.

Whitesox029
04-17-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
So far this year, the Sox have not lost two games in a row. The longer this holds up, the more I'll like it.
oooo shouldn't have said that.....might have jinxed it.....

rahulsekhar
04-17-2004, 10:49 PM
To me it's all about not having 2 "dead" games in a row. That speaks to Ozzie's ability to get this team past a bad game and focused on the next one. Yesterday's corpseball-esque one (since you'll have games where someone shuts down an O), and opening day are great examples of things that would have put us into a tailspin last year but have been rebounded from this year.

WinningUgly!
04-17-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by rahulsekhar
To me it's all about not having 2 "dead" games in a row. That speaks to Ozzie's ability to get this team past a bad game and focused on the next one. Yesterday's corpseball-esque one (since you'll have games where someone shuts down an O), and opening day are great examples of things that would have put us into a tailspin last year but have been rebounded from this year.

I totally agree. Other than the opening day loss, the Sox' losses have all come against pitchers who were pitching lights-out.. Abbott, Vasquez & Mussina (after the 3-run 1st inning). Under Ozzie, this team has been able to just tip their hats after games like these & go out & get 'em the next day. If Jerry Manuel was still at the wheel, we'd be very lucky to have a single win yet, after things fell apart in the 9th inning on opening day.