PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Reed watch...


Joel Perez
04-17-2004, 04:32 PM
I know it's way too early, but....his average is .400 (14-35, 1HR, 12B)

If he continues his pace for a month or two, IMO he's coming up here. The Sox would be hard pressed to let him stay in AAA for a full year if he continues his torrid streak.

batmanZoSo
04-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Joel Perez


If he continues his pace for a month or two, IMO he's coming up here. The Sox would be hard pressed to let him stay in AAA for a full year if he continues his torrid streak.

That's not even a debate. The question is should we bring him up now?

MaggPipes
04-17-2004, 04:48 PM
I am all for bringing up Reed right now. On the basis that he plays every day, I don't want his talent rotting on the bench. I also want Politte as the sox closer now, and Jackson as his primary set-up, what does every one have to say about that?

SEALgep
04-17-2004, 05:13 PM
I like Rowand, but if Reed continues to swing the bat like this until the break, he is almost a lock to take over in center. Provided he isn't a defensive liability, which from what I understand he isn't. Although I don't know if he would start off in this capacity, he would make a great two spot hitter. I guess he could be a number one, but ideally I think he would be better in the two spot.

Frank the Tank
04-17-2004, 05:41 PM
Can Reed or Rowand play second base?

SEALgep
04-17-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
Can Reed or Rowand play second base? No need, Harris and Uribe have started off well.

NonetheLoaiza
04-17-2004, 06:20 PM
who would reed replace? its still early, so rowand should still get the chance until he proves hes really not hitting.

Daver
04-17-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by NonetheLoaiza
who would reed replace? its still early, so rowand should still get the chance until he proves hes really not hitting.

He has proven that over his entire career.

ondafarm
04-17-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by NonetheLoaiza
who would reed replace? its still early, so rowand should still get the chance until he proves hes really not hitting.

Last time that he was down with Charlotte, I had a chance to talk with his wife and she told me that the White Sox are out of options with Rowand, they cannot option him down to Charlotte without him clearing waivers first.

Anybody know if this is true?

SoxxoS
04-17-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by ondafarm
Last time that he was down with Charlotte, I had a chance to talk with his wife and she told me that the White Sox are out of options with Rowand, they cannot option him down to Charlotte without him clearing waivers first.

Anybody know if this is true?

He doesn't deserve to be in the minors, anyway. He is a great 4th outfielder.

A. Cavatica
04-17-2004, 08:36 PM
I don't think the Sox should bring him up until the end of April at the earliest, because he's not playing to form yet. (I know he's back to .400, but he's not walking and not showing his power or speed. I want to bring him up when he's in top form and drop him right into the #2 spot.)