PDA

View Full Version : Off to Tropicana Field (report after game)

CyYoung5621
04-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Hey fellow Sox fans. I am now heading off to Tropicana Field to watch the game. Hopefully I'll be early enough to get some autographs. Anyways I will be sure to give a report on the atmosphere of the game and little things I see that may not show up on the TV. GO SOX!

batmanZoSo
04-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by CyYoung5621
Hey fellow Sox fans. I am now heading off to Tropicana Field to watch the game. Hopefully I'll be early enough to get some autographs. Anyways I will be sure to give a report on the atmosphere of the game and little things I see that may not show up on the TV. GO SOX!

Bring some of that ancient Indian hitting potion. Cast a spell on the D-Rays. Something!

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-17-2004, 03:16 PM
The park is awesome for snagging balls during BP because barely anyone is ever there. I had a ball in my grasp but I made a dumb mistake by bending over the back of the seat instead of just going under the front part. Some middle 20's aged man ran over and grabbed the ball from under my legs. :(:

Nick@Nite
04-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Put the Lefty Driesell choke sign on the DRays!

CyYoung5621
04-17-2004, 09:54 PM
Great game. I got there early enough to watch Burlymon go through a bullpen session. Missed Magglio's autograph by a person kinda disappointed me but oh well.

A lot of Sox fans showed up. Saw a bunch of Thomas jerseys and everyone I talked to was real nice. Hopefully tommorow I can have a little better luck with the autographs and GO SOX!

Nick@Nite
04-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by CyYoung5621
Hopefully tomorrow I can have a little better luck with the autographs and GO SOX!

Just read that Lee Elia might rejoin the DRays for Sunday's game after being hospitalized for abdominal discomfort... if so, give Lee a big warm hello.

:)

TornLabrum
04-17-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Nick@Nite
Just read that Lee Elia might rejoin the DRays for Sunday's game after being hospitalized for abdominal discomfort... if so, give Lee a big warm hello.

:)

Yeah, bring Grobstein's tape of his rant when he was managing the Cubs!

Nick@Nite
04-17-2004, 11:33 PM
For Sox fans who never knew Wrigley Field as an empty playground for unemployed Cubs Fans, here's a link of Lee Elia ripping into them that glorious April 13, 1983.

http://www.knbr.com/bleepers.html

Btw, the four letter words are bleeped out.

Just scroll down... Lee is bottom left.

I would link the audio by itself... but I don't know how.