PDA

View Full Version : 4 other teams shut out today

MRKARNO
04-17-2004, 12:06 AM
Just to put the sox' loss in retrospect:

Milwaukee lost 2-0 to Houston (Oswalt with the Shutout on 10 Ks)
Anaheim lost 3-0 to Oakland in Anaheim (Hudson with 7.1 shutout innings
Mariners lost 5-0 to Texas in Seattle (Chan Ho Park 7 scoreless)
Padres lost 5-0 to Arizona in San Diego (Randy Johnson 8 Ks in the shutout)

So we're not the only team to get shut out. SD, Seattle and Anaheim all have pretty good offenses too, especially Anaheim. We happened to do it against the worst pitcher of the bunch (at least Chan Ho is a name that you know), but it's not season changing or anything like that. It was probably just an emotinal let-down from that KC series at home. We'll get the W tomorrow over Victor Zambrano (3-0) who is about due for a loss.

FarWestChicago
04-17-2004, 12:10 AM
I think it's obvious it's time for MLB to stop the fake steroid testing. What is this? Footy?

batmanZoSo
04-17-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Just to put the sox' loss in retrospect:

Milwaukee lost 2-0 to Houston (Oswalt with the Shutout on 10 Ks)
Anaheim lost 3-0 to Oakland in Anaheim (Hudson with 7.1 shutout innings
Mariners lost 5-0 to Texas in Seattle (Chan Ho Park 7 scoreless)
Padres lost 5-0 to Arizona in San Diego (Randy Johnson 8 Ks in the shutout)

So we're not the only team to get shut out. SD, Seattle and Anaheim all have pretty good offenses too, especially Anaheim. We happened to do it against the worst pitcher of the bunch (at least Chan Ho is a name that you know), but it's not season changing or anything like that. It was probably just an emotinal let-down from that KC series at home. We'll get the W tomorrow over Victor Zambrano (3-0) who is about due for a loss.

That was just an awful performance by the hitters. They were popping up 3-1 fastballs, striking out on three pitches. I'll admit they were due, but come on Paul Abbott? That should never happen, no matter the circumstances. That's all I have to say. Let's hope we remember how to swing level tomorrow. It's only gonna get tougher with Zambrano.

jordan23ventura
04-17-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo

That was just an awful performance by the hitters. They were popping up 3-1 fastballs, striking out on three pitches. I'll admit they were due, but come on Paul Abbott? That should never happen, no matter the circumstances. That's all I have to say. Let's hope we remember how to swing level tomorrow. It's only gonna get tougher with Zambrano.

I agree. Getting shut out by guys like Johnson and Hudson is one thing. Paul Abbot is another. I swear I haven't seen that many pop flys in one game before.

The one day the bullpen holds up we can't score any runs. It's going to be another wild ride this season.

SoxxoS
04-17-2004, 01:08 AM
Chan Ho Park is a guy that needs a change of scenery that we can get for reletively nothing...he has talent...

I know he signed an outrageous contact...but I don't know how many more years he has. I think we can possibly work out a deal with Texas. Maybe Konerko? Raffy can't play forever.

Matter of fact, that is a great idea. Raffy and Park for Konerko. I think both parties would do it if they can get the money straight. I think it's something to look into.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-17-2004, 01:11 AM
Raffy signed with the O's this offseason. I have no clue who's 1b for the rangers now. I think it's Teixeria, though. I wouldn't mind seeing Park on the sox if the rangers ate his contract and we wouldn't have to give any talent. But I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen.

batmanZoSo
04-17-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura

The one day the bullpen holds up we can't score any runs. It's going to be another wild ride this season.

By "bullpen" you must mean Koch. Our middle relief has been pretty solid. We just had a few rough...REALLY rough goes in the ninth. It's our starters that have done a 180 lately. Buehrle and Garland were really disappointing letting KC back into those games. By all rights we should've lost both.

SoxxoS
04-17-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
Raffy signed with the O's last season. I have no clue who's 1b for the rangers now. I think it's Teixeria, though. I wouldn't mind seeing Park on the sox if the rangers ate his contract and we wouldn't have to give any talent. But I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen.

Whoa...brain fart. Forgot about that O's signing.

Teixiera plays first for the Rangers..and he isn't going anywhere.

So I guess it's Koch for Park straight up...

Saracen
04-17-2004, 01:24 AM
Chan Ho Park is a joke. Here in Dallas he's referred to as Chan Blow Park. His contract, and not A-Rod's, was the ruin of both the Rangers and Dallas Stars (Tom Hicks owns them both.) We do NOT want this guy.

SoxxoS
04-17-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Saracen
Chan Ho Park is a joke. Here in Dallas he's referred to as Chan Blow Park. His contract, and not A-Rod's, was the ruin of both the Rangers and Dallas Stars (Tom Hicks owns them both.) We do NOT want this guy.

He obviously hasn't worked out there. I don't know his contract situation, but I do know we also have a bad contract on our hands with Billy Botch.

I don't know Chan Ho's contract situation, but Billy is getting 5 million this year. If Chan Ho has one year left on his deal as well, and Hicks picks up the difference, then I pull the trigger.

Actually, I just looked it up, and Chan Ho is making 13 million this year. Maybe we can get a third team to take Konerko. Obviously all speculation at this point.

I do know that Chan Ho said he hasn't felt this healthy since L.A. in a recent ESPN column. He had a solid outing today, that's for sure.