:corpseball
Uh oh......

Sox 2004 theme song....Ooooooh I'm still (not) alive. :smile:

voodoochile
04-16-2004, 09:26 PM
:threadsucks

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2004, 09:40 PM
We really need to retire the corpseball tag, and perhaps the term corpseball altogether. It's getting tired.

SoxxoS
04-16-2004, 09:47 PM
It's amazing how a team can't get up for EVERY game. What a shame.

oheeoh...magglio
04-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Sheesh guys.....the boys were obviously flat, i'll give them a mulligan, those last 2 games against Kansas City were emotionally draining......

If they put up an effort like that again tomorrow though, that would be a cause for concern.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
Sheesh guys.....the boys were obviously flat, i'll give them a mulligan, those last 2 games against Kansas City were emotionally draining......

If they put up an effort like that again tomorrow though, that would be a cause for concern.

You're a good Sox Fan. Be fruitful and multiply.

chisoxmike
04-17-2004, 12:38 AM
The thing is... the reason why they lost the divison in '03, was becuase they couldn't beat teams like the D-Rays and (future 04 WS Champs ) Tigers.

Yes, it is one game they lost. We'll see how they fare tomorrow and Sunday, and next weekend at the cell.

batmanZoSo
04-17-2004, 12:40 AM

So what you're saying is one game don't mean anything, but two games do.

Rocklive99
04-17-2004, 12:52 AM
I think what he's saying is that no one is expecting this club to go 159-3

The Rays are good, they may be in the lower tier of the AL, but they are still good (The only teams that I can think of that are worse are the Blue Jays and Indians). I just think the AL is real strong/dominant this year. There are going to be no gimme games.

batmanZoSo
04-17-2004, 12:54 AM
It was a crappy game, that's all. I just hate to have good pitching like that and get shutout at the same time.

SoxxoS
04-17-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
It was a crappy game, that's all. I just hate to have good pitching like that and get shutout at the same time.

The pitching wasn't that great. It's a lot easier to pitch under no pressure for one...and two...There were 3-4 GREAT plays to save Danny Wright about 2-10 runs thrown in there.

batmanZoSo
04-17-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
The pitching wasn't that great. It's a lot easier to pitch under no pressure for one...and two...There were 3-4 GREAT plays to save Danny Wright about 2-10 runs thrown in there.

One...I said it was good, not great. Two...look at results, not what-ifs. We gave up 3 runs, that's all there is to it. We should always win when we give up three runs against lesser teams and poor starters. I'm not seething over the loss, don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to make a point here.

Rocklive99
04-17-2004, 01:09 AM

I can see that, that's the biggest reason I was mad about opening day, Buerhle tosses a beauty and gets nothing but a ND. Like someone else said tho, today wasn't that great a performance, Wright was in trouble a lot. Abbott just had better pitching.

batmanZoSo
04-17-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Rocklive99
I can see that, that's the biggest reason I was mad about opening day, Buerhle tosses a beauty and gets nothing but a ND. Like someone else said tho, today wasn't that great a performance, Wright was in trouble a lot. Abbott just had better pitching.

I never said Wright was good...the bullpen saved his ass.

oheeoh...magglio
04-17-2004, 10:02 AM
So what you're saying is one game don't mean anything, but two games do.

Yes, I'd say being shut out 2 days in a row by the devil rays would be a cause for concern.

Paulwny
04-17-2004, 10:55 AM
The AL Cent. Div. sucks, any team outside this div. can beat any team in this div.