PDA

View Full Version : Has the Fox Sports Chicago Sox commercial been discussed?

cheeses_h_rice
04-16-2004, 09:36 PM
Gist of it is, thieves break into a house and start ransacking it, stealing silverware, etc. They all stop when one of them eyes a Sox bobblehead doll and autographed ball and alerts the other guys.

They quickly go back and put everything back where it was, exit the premises, and leave a sign on the front door apologizing for breaking the window, saying "Go White Sox!"

So, this is what it's come to: you try to *appeal* to Sox fans by insinuating they're criminals, albeit loyal to the Sox?

:rolleyes

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-16-2004, 09:40 PM
That's just a recycled commercial for all mlb teams from the cheap chumps at FSN. If you go to a different town, you'll see it for their respective ball club.

cheeses_h_rice
04-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
That's just a recycled commercial for all mlb teams from the cheap chumps at FSN. If you go to a different town, you'll see it for their respective ball club.

Oh. Never mind! </emily latella>

batmanZoSo
04-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Gist of it is, thieves break into a house and start ransacking it, stealing silverware, etc. They all stop when one of them eyes a Sox bobblehead doll and autographed ball and alerts the other guys.

They quickly go back and put everything back where it was, exit the premises, and leave a sign on the front door apologizing for breaking the window, saying "Go White Sox!"

So, this is what it's come to: you try to *appeal* to Sox fans by insinuating they're criminals, albeit loyal to the Sox?

:rolleyes

This was brought up a few days ago. Still pretty funny if you overlook the stereotype stuff.

CubKilla
04-17-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337

I'm still waiting for the Cub version :D:

Medford Bobby
04-17-2004, 02:30 PM
The Expos commercial actually has the criminals smashing the crap out of the bobble head doll.....gotta be rough now to be a an Expo fan......... :angry:

DSpivack
04-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
The Expos commercial actually has the criminals smashing the crap out of the bobble head doll.....gotta be rough now to be a an Expo fan......... :angry:

No, no?! Le bobblehead!

MarqSox
04-17-2004, 03:42 PM
My favorite is one I saw on the Royals broadcast. A father bursts into his daughter's bedroom to find her and another guy naked in the bed. He's yelling and swinging a baseball bat ... and then the boy gets out of the bed and partially covers himself with a Royals T-shirt. The father suddenly stops and says in a calm voice, "So uh, what do you think our chances are this year?" The shocked kid just says "Pretty good?" The dad says "Yeah," and leaves the room.

Good stuff. :D:

batmanZoSo
04-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
My favorite is one I saw on the Royals broadcast. A father bursts into his daughter's bedroom to find her and another guy naked in the bed. He's yelling and swinging a baseball bat ... and then the boy gets out of the bed and partially covers himself with a Royals T-shirt. The father suddenly stops and says in a calm voice, "So uh, what do you think our chances are this year?" The shocked kid just says "Pretty good?" The dad says "Yeah," and leaves the room.

Good stuff. :D:

That's classy. Nice wholesome, heartland comedy.

TDog
04-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
...So, this is what it's come to: you try to *appeal* to Sox fans by insinuating they're criminals, albeit loyal to the Sox?

Jim Belushi actually made a Cubs-love movie where he escaped from a jail (or a prison, I don't recall which), where everyone was a Cubs fan, so he could see the Cubs win the World Series.

DannyCaterFan
04-18-2004, 12:28 AM
There's actually still another commercial that is kinda funny. There are 2 guys at work in a sawmill or someplace and they come up to a co-worker and ask if he wants to go to the Sox game that day. he says "he does not feel like it", and as soon as his friends leave he gets a splinter from the wood he is working on and walks over to a storage area where alot of boards fall on him. This would really have been a fun commercial had they put this guy in a Cub's T-shirt and he tells his friends he wont go to the Sox game cause he is a Cub's Fan. then we would laugh as he gets the splinter and the boards fall on him. LOL