PDA

View Full Version : It's Time For Cotts!

ShoelessFred
04-16-2004, 09:31 PM
plain and simple. danny wright absolutely BLOWS. we can't just GIVE every 5th game away without a fight.

Corlose 15
04-16-2004, 09:34 PM
As much fun as it is to blame Danny Wright and Shoeneweis for everything, I'd have to put this loss squarely on the offense.

When you get 3 runs out of your 5th starter's spot you darn well better win for cripes sake!!! :angry: :angry:

ShoelessFred
04-16-2004, 09:36 PM
i just get the sense that this team feels they CANNOT win with danny on the mound. and it shows in their play.

MRKARNO
04-16-2004, 09:43 PM
You can rarely expect to win when you dont score at least 3, let alone no runs

Fungo
04-16-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Corlose 15
As much fun as it is to blame Danny Wright and Shoeneweis for everything, I'd have to put this loss squarely on the offense.

When you get 3 runs out of your 5th starter's spot you darn well better win for cripes sake!!! :angry: :angry:
Agreed. The offense didn't show up tonight. This was definately a winnable game. Danny didn't have his best stuff and was constantly behind in the count, but the defense picked him up and he and Cotts battled to only allow 3 runs.

Lip Man 1
04-16-2004, 10:38 PM
Here's an early stat that makes you cringe. In games where the Sox have held opponents to 3 runs or less they are 3-2.

You hold a team to three runs or less you should win more then 60% of the time shouldn't you?

Lip

oheeoh...magglio
04-16-2004, 10:55 PM
Wright did an ok job of settling down tonight after that rough start, but I still think he has to go.

The team looked dead tonight....part of that may have been being emotionally drained from the Royals series and then traveling 2,000 miles, but also, they just looked like they gave up after things went bad with Danny early.

I say give Cotts a chance, his control looks better, and he has much better stuff than Wright.

Wright has had his chance and failed, simple as that.

Vernam
04-16-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by ShoelessFred
plain and simple. danny wright absolutely BLOWS. we can't just GIVE every 5th game away without a fight.

No argument re: Danny Wright, though it's mostly not his fault the lost tonight. I have trouble envisioning a rotation with three lefties, though stranger things have happened. :smile:

Be gentle -- this is my very first post!

Vernam

oheeoh...magglio
04-16-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Vernam
No argument re: Danny Wright, though it's mostly not his fault the lost tonight. I have trouble envisioning a rotation with three lefties, though stranger things have happened. :smile:

Be gentle -- this is my very first post!

Vernam

Welcome Aboard! :gulp:

soxtalker
04-17-2004, 12:07 AM
Well, I said this on another thread, too. He pitched ok tonight. Not any worse than the other starters in the KC series. Yes, the defense helped him, but he also didn't walk that many. If we get this kind of performance out of him in most of his games, that will probably be ok for a 5th starter.

And Cotts and Shingo looked good in relief.

CubKilla
04-17-2004, 12:16 AM
Something to consider.....

This White Sox offensive core cannot hit for jack in domes be it Tampa Bay or Minnesota. Toronto and Seattle are always wild cards since the roofs are retractable.