PDA

View Full Version : Is there something wrong with Danny Wright?

Jurr
04-16-2004, 04:03 PM
He just looks like he's always confused. I mean, take a look at his picture on the Sox site. Something's just a little off. Maybe he needs some thyroid meds or something. Maybe there's a medical reason why he pitches like a dolt.

:wright

Derrrr....baseball.

Baby Fisk
04-16-2004, 04:10 PM
There's plenty of goofy pix on the main Sox site. Didn't they teach these boys how to pose for a portrait?!

If you go to Politte's link, they've posted a pic of Koch. ***?!

RKMeibalane
04-16-2004, 04:15 PM
:hurt :maggs :caballo :walnuts :hitless :jerry

SaltyPretzel
04-16-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
Maybe there's a medical reason why he pitches like a dolt.

Does anyone see him around 4:20 on gamedays? :D: :?:

SEALgep
04-16-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel
Does anyone see him around 4:20 on gamedays? :D: :?: I see him all the time then sneaking off with Wunsch.

samram
04-16-2004, 05:28 PM
I think he's from Arkansas, so you have to give him a little leeway.

MRKARNO
04-16-2004, 05:34 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/wright.jpg

"Uhhh...How does not being able to throw a first pitch strike make me a bad pitcher?"

voodoochile
04-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Wright had a nervous breakdown while at college and went 1-16 but still got drafted because his stuff was so good.

He's always been a fragile mentally and tends to overthink things.

voodoochile
04-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I see him all the time then sneaking off with Wunsch.

I thought that was DJ. No, the teal isn't missing by accident.

CubKiller5
04-16-2004, 05:42 PM
He's pitching challenged :D

steff
04-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
:hitless

AHhhhhhhh!!! My eyes.. my eyes... :whiner: :whiner:

RKMeibalane
04-16-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by steff
AHhhhhhhh!!! My eyes.. my eyes... :whiner: :whiner:

I'm sorry, Steff. I'd forgotten how horrible it was to look at that picture. :D:

RedPinStripes
04-16-2004, 10:33 PM
Simple answer to what's wrong with Wright.

HE SUCKS!!!!!!

Always has , always will. The only solution is to find out when Sox mgt will figure it out. He's a "thrower" , not a pitcher. I i dont give a **** who wants to tell me he throws 5 pitches. I can hold the ball 5 different ways too, but i cant get the ball over the plate and when i do, it goes very far over my head. Not too hard to figure out here. He can hold the ball a few different ways and get the same result after 4 years in the bigs. I'm no scout, but I'm wiling to bet he dont make it as a pitcher at this level.

SoxxoS
04-16-2004, 10:57 PM
Absolutely RPS-

He is supposed to feature a 97 mph heater...at least that is what the scouts said when he came up. He doesn't even come close to that. On top of that, he has no control of the 93 mph heater. And it's straight.

He has a knuckle curve...that he can't get over.

That's about it.

He's got the pitchers build, but he is a mental midget who doesn't have the stuff to get by. He sucks, plain and simple.

oheeoh...magglio
04-16-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Simple answer to what's wrong with Wright.

HE SUCKS!!!!!!

Always has , always will. The only solution is to find out when Sox mgt will figure it out. He's a "thrower" , not a pitcher. I i dont give a **** who wants to tell me he throws 5 pitches. I can hold the ball 5 different ways too, but i cant get the ball over the plate and when i do, it goes very far over my head. Not too hard to figure out here. He can hold the ball a few different ways and get the same result after 4 years in the bigs. I'm no scout, but I'm wiling to bet he dont make it as a pitcher at this level.

Well I don't need to waste my time posting my opinion on Wright, because that post says it all for me.

Lip Man 1
04-16-2004, 11:01 PM
You mean outside of the fact that he can't pitch and was rushed to the big leagues?

Lip

RedPinStripes
04-16-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
Well I don't need to waste my time posting my opinion on Wright, because that post says it all for me.

I got my useful post for the week. :)

soxtalker
04-17-2004, 12:03 AM
He pitched ok tonight -- no worse than most of our starters during the KC series. We just didn't get any runs. I'm not saying he's a terrific pitcher, but he didn't look that bad.

CubKilla
04-17-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by soxtalker
He pitched ok tonight -- no worse than most of our starters during the KC series. We just didn't get any runs. I'm not saying he's a terrific pitcher, but he didn't look that bad.

Wright's now the second White Sox pitcher that a guy who's cross-eyed has taken deep. That's friggin' pathetic.

chisoxmike
04-17-2004, 01:57 AM
He just looks like he has no idea what he is doing out on the mound!