PDA

View Full Version : Beltran

E Coast Sox Fan
04-16-2004, 01:35 PM
Isn't he a free agent at the end of this season?

If so, I would like to see him in a Sox uniform. If for no other reason than he seems to have our number.

Lee, Beltran and Ordonez sounds pretty good to me. I would be hard pressed to name another outfield with more talent.

Tekijawa
04-16-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by E Coast Sox Fan

If so, I would like to see him in a Sox uniform. If for no other reason than he seems to have our number.

Lee, Beltran and Ordonez sounds pretty good to me. I would be hard pressed to name another outfield with more talent.

That's a 39 Million dollar out field... You should have that in Teal or pInk

NonetheLoaiza
04-16-2004, 01:38 PM
he'll be on the yankees next year.

SoxxoS
04-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Where are we going to put Reed and/or Borchard and/or Sweeney and/or Anderson?

Just wondering :smile:

mantis1212
04-16-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by E Coast Sox Fan

Would be awesome, nevertheless will never happen. He will be a yankee next year.

Can anyone think of a big league centerfielder they would rather have? I'm thinking he's the best out there!

Tekijawa
04-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by mantis1212
Can anyone think of a big league centerfielder they would rather have? I'm thinking he's the best out there!

Timo Perez

Champs2004
04-16-2004, 02:02 PM
Would be awesome, nevertheless will never happen. He will be a yankee next year.

I doubt that he'll be a yankee. bernie would be out of a job, and Crosby has skills. I dont see why not Carlos Beltran could wear #15 for the White Sox next year

Irishsox1
04-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Barring Steinbrener taking over total contol of the personal moves, Beltran is a Yankee next year.

IlliniSox
04-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Champs2004
I doubt that he'll be a yankee. bernie would be out of a job, and Crosby has skills. I dont see why not Carlos Beltran could wear #15 for the White Sox next year

For the same reason another stud won't be wearing #30 for the White Sox next year. +Bernie's job will be DH, not CF like it was supposed to be this year.

oheeoh...magglio
04-16-2004, 02:17 PM

Lofton will be gone, they will DH Bernie (he simply doesn't have the speed to cover CF at The Stadium anymore) and I agree with you on Crosby, however I predict the Yankees will deal him his July around the deadline while they are looking to get help somewhere like they always do that time of year.

Some may think i'm overstating this, but based purely on raw talent, Carlos Beltran is the 2nd best all around position player i've seen in over a decade of watching baseball (only behind Griffey Jr. circa 1990's). Beltran is an amazing all around talent, and will be a star in the Bronx.

samram
04-16-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio

Lofton will be gone, they will DH Bernie (he simply doesn't have the speed to cover CF at The Stadium anymore) and I agree with you on Crosby, however I predict the Yankees will deal him his July around the deadline while they are looking to get help somewhere like they always do that time of year.

Some may think i'm overstating this, but based purely on raw talent, Carlos Beltran is the 2nd best all around position player i've seen in over a decade of watching baseball (only behind Griffey Jr. circa 1990's). Beltran is an amazing all around talent, and will be a star in the Bronx.

I agree. The Yankees probably would have tried to trade for him this off-season if they didn't think they were the front-runners for him after this season. The other big-market teams have center fielders already. The Mets just signed Cameron, the BoSox have Damon, the Braves have Jones, and the Cubs have Patterson, who they are counting on. The one team team I could see making a run is the Dodgers, who would probably like to have an upgrade from Roberts, who probably won't be as good as he has been for the first week and a half.
I wish the Sox would go after him, but we know they won't. I wish they would, he is one of the best players I have ever seen.

OurBitchinMinny
04-16-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Where are we going to put Reed and/or Borchard and/or Sweeney and/or Anderson?

Just wondering :smile:

Trade bait for some pitching or middle infielders. Keep one or two in case Lee leaves. But this scenario will never play out. JR probably wont even sign Maggs.

SoxxoS
04-16-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by ChisoxfaninMinny
Trade bait for some pitching or middle infielders. Keep one or two in case Lee leaves. But this scenario will never play out. JR probably wont even sign Maggs.

You know the two we will keep will be Aaron Rowand 2 and 3, and the ones we give away will be Cabrera and Pujols, right... :D:

santo=dorf
04-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Scott Boras+JR=No chance.

Let him go to the Yankees.

CubKilla
04-16-2004, 11:25 PM
I dont see why not Carlos Beltran could wear #15 for the White Sox next year

:reinsy

"I'll give you about 50 million reasons why you'll NEVER see Beltran sporting the black and silver as long as I'm around."

jcirish85
04-17-2004, 12:07 AM
does anybody find it funny that we just assume the yankees willl pick him up?

MRKARNO
04-17-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by jcirish85
does anybody find it funny that we just assume the yankees willl pick him up?

After what happened with A-rod, you can expect the Yankees to get anyone at anytime

jcirish85
04-17-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
After what happened with A-rod, you can expect the Yankees to get anyone at anytime
ya but every time a big name player is somewhat available the first response is "the yankess will get him" i just find it funny.

batmanZoSo
04-17-2004, 01:06 AM
ya but every time a big name player is somewhat available the first response is "the yankess will get him" i just find it funny.

They can sign anyone they want. They won't win anything like that. They won with Brosius, Knoblauch, O'neill and Martinez. They wont' win with Sheffield, Arod, Giambi and Matsui. They'll hit a ton and win 95 games, but they're a bunch of slobs in the field. The 98 Yankees were the best team I've ever seen. They caught everything, they got clutch hits whenever they desired, their bullpen was as close to perfect as you can get. And this team has MORE talent than that one did. But in the wrong places. If they wanna win it all every year they should spend their money on speed and defense.

Nick@Nite
04-17-2004, 08:30 AM
does anybody find it funny that we just assume the Yankees will pick him up?

Not funny funny, but funny disturbing. :angry:

hellenicsoxfan
04-17-2004, 10:12 AM
And what makes it even more disturbing and sickening is that if the Yankees don't sign him, the Flubbies might be right there to snatch him up (unless they've already snatched Maggs away from us.) Come on Reinsdorf, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen and sell the team to someone who will compete with the big boys.

Paulwny
04-17-2004, 10:38 AM
If Nomar leaves beantown at the end of the season that frees up money to sign Beltran or Maggs.

jcirish85
04-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by hellenicsoxfan
And what makes it even more disturbing and sickening is that if the Yankees don't sign him, the Flubbies might be right there to snatch him up (unless they've already snatched Maggs away from us.) Come on Reinsdorf, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen and sell the team to someone who will compete with the big boys.
in think next year, alou will still be under contract, i dont knowabout patterson but he likely will be, and sosa is to so there is no where to play beltran or ordonez. as for the yankees, matsui, lofton, and sheffield will all be under contract next year as well