PDA

View Full Version : Yankees: Lofton on the block?

Mickster
04-16-2004, 10:24 AM
Here is the link (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=fanball-yankeesloftononthebl&prov=fanball&type=lgns).

Don't know if this could ever work for the Sox seeing that we have absolutely no need for OF but he would sure be nice at the top of our order again....

Brian26
04-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Ugh. No. Please. Clubhouse cancer. Lazy player who only hustles if the team is in contention.

Baby Fisk
04-16-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Ugh. No. Please. Clubhouse cancer. Lazy player who only hustles if the team is in contention.
That covers all the points with ruthless efficiency.

"I don't want him
You can have him
He's too slack for me..."

Malgar 12
04-16-2004, 10:45 AM
not to mention this bag of bones is all washed up. Why do you think the yankees made him available?

Tekijawa
04-16-2004, 10:49 AM
Do the Yankes have any lead off hitters that can pitch in relief? I think that's the type of player we're looking for?

Lip Man 1
04-16-2004, 11:06 AM
Maybe they are trying to dump him to move Matsui to center (I think he played there in Japan) move Sheffield to left and trade for Ordonez in right. (and no I'm not being sarcastic...)

Lip

Bobby Thigpen
04-16-2004, 11:11 AM
NO NO NO NO

SEALgep
04-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Bet the Cubs are interested.

Tekijawa
04-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Maybe they are trying to dump him to move Matsui to center (I think he played there in Japan) move Sheffield to left and trade for Ordonez in right. (and no I'm not being sarcastic...)

Lip

Maybe they'll just put Beltran in Center... I don't think the Royals will be needing him for the 3rd place push at the end of the season.

bobj4400
04-16-2004, 11:14 AM
I think Matsui would be a disaster in the spacious Yankee Stadium center field...

That outfield as a whole would be a disaster.

Paulwny
04-16-2004, 11:16 AM
The article says the yankmees will have to eat most of Lofton's contract = JR's favorite type of player, somebody else pays the salary.

Lip Man 1
04-16-2004, 11:17 AM
Teki:

But Beltran hasn't caused George Steinbrenner to tell his baseball people to try anything to get Ordonez. (As reported in the newspapers after the Sox played in New York...)

Lip

Rocky Soprano
04-16-2004, 11:17 AM

Lip

May your tounge rot in your mouth and fall out. (and no I'm not being sarcastic...)

kittle42
04-16-2004, 02:04 PM

Lip

Ah, Lip...always good for a picker-upper.

Actually, wasn't the original Yankee plan to have Williams in center, Lofton on the pine, Giambi at DH, and Travis Lee at first? How long is Lee out?

RKMeibalane
04-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
I think Matsui would be a disaster in the spacious Yankee Stadium center field...

That outfield as a whole would be a disaster.

Actually, Matsui played extremely well in center last season while filling in for Bernie Williams.

dickallen15
04-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Magglio is going nowhere. The Yankees like Bubba Crosby, Lofton already has been bitching about where he bats in the order, he will not be easy to move unless George picks up most of his salary and they ask for very little in return.