PDA

View Full Version : Allan Embree

chisoxt
09-10-2001, 09:31 PM
Is it my imagination, but has this guy been pitching much better of late, perhaps because he's throwing more off-speed stuff?

KempersRS
09-10-2001, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by chisoxt
Is it my imagination, but has this guy been pitching much better of late, perhaps because he's throwing more off-speed stuff?

11 appearences in a row without a run allowed.

duke of dorwood
09-10-2001, 09:59 PM
:kelly :embree

Death from the left side next year.

Soxboyrob
09-10-2001, 10:09 PM
Indeed, he's looked great as of late. Very effective use of 3 pitches. Great changing of speed, location and control. I hope it's not just a phase he's in. Maybe this coaching staff has actually coached the guy. I've heard it suggested on another board that he might have some "starter" in him if he can get a little more consistent. Something about good control and mechanics. Who knows? Who thought Canseco would actually be "good?"

FarWestChicago
09-10-2001, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
Indeed, he's looked great as of late. Very effective use of 3 pitches. Great changing of speed, location and control. I hope it's not just a phase he's in. Maybe this coaching staff has actually coached the guy. I've heard it suggested on another board that he might have some "starter" in him if he can get a little more consistent. Something about good control and mechanics. Who knows? Who thought Canseco would actually be "good?"

R & F keep talking about his improving curveball on the radio. Who knows, it could be good coaching. Plus, the emergence of his breaking ball makes his heat look hotter and may even be giving it a little movement. Something has changed. That gascan is sitting over by Howling now.

Moses_Scurry
09-11-2001, 07:48 AM
A funny thing about Embree. I actually met his girlfriend a month or so ago. I was at the time dating a friend of hers. She didn't know squat about the Sox, so she would stay stuff like "His new friend, the first baseman, some guy named Paul". Then he called her while we were sitting at the table.