PDA

View Full Version : Wait...are we in first?

Jurr
04-16-2004, 04:41 AM
People, I see a lot of griping on this website to date.
I know it's in our blood to be disgruntled (hell, we're Sox fans), but the fact of the matter is we split with the friggin' Yankees at home (when Schoeneweis and Wright both had to pitch) and we just swept the Royals. Also, we are currently in first place. Yeah, it's early, but we've got an exciting start!!!!!!!
I'm just saying that we should be embracing this start and not constantly hammering the negative points of the team (Koch, Wright, and Magglio's contract)
I think everything involving Maggs' contract will be taken care of soon. Like I posted earlier, KW and JR will see that it's a win/win situation. Best case scenario is we lock up Magglio, we build a strong team, revenue goes up, and we're fine. The other side of it is we suck in a couple of years and deal Maggs in a cost cutting move anyway! I'm sure he'll get signed based on that alone. 15 mil a year isn't that unreasonable.
So, in closing, I'm saying that this could be an exciting year, and it would be awesome to see more of that positivity around here!!

1951Campbell
04-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Yes, we're in first. But don't let that stop all the
:chickenlittle
talk.

JDP
04-16-2004, 10:19 AM
Tied in first with the mighty Detroit Tigers.

NonetheLoaiza
04-16-2004, 01:31 PM
yea, but whats the point of being a sox fan if we cant gripe about whats going wrong? thats whats great...the team could go 162-0, but we would love to complain about why they dont give joe crede two rbis when he hits a ground rule double to win the game. its whats bein a white sox fan is all about. weve gone too long without success, so naturally we have the 'ill believe it when i see it' mentality. and theres nothign wrong with that.

soxtalker
04-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think that most of the posts have been terrribly negative about this season. A lot of discussion today has centered on Magg's resigning and the newspaper articles that have surrounded that issue. That's also brought back memories of past decisions by the management.

It looks like there's a lot of interest in the team on the board (lots of members participating), and we're just trying to find some things to talk about before the game tonight. Perhaps we could be talking more about all the good things going on with the team, but it's hard to find much to debate on that right now.

Jurr
04-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Yeah....I see your point. There is a lot more activity on this site, and that's indicative of some success, I guess. The negative posts are dwindling. Anyone who knows my history on this site knows I'm the arch-optimist. I just love good vibes. Can we just win a damn world series already????