PDA

View Full Version : Please sign Maggs

hellenicsoxfan
04-16-2004, 03:08 AM
It was 3:00 am. I had just woken up in a cold sweat. I was screaming. I just had a nightmare, worse than the boogie man under the bed nightmare I kept having when I was 6 years old. I dreamed that it was December 18, 2004. The Sox had finished a successful season, making the playoffs only to lose to the Yankees in 7 games. Magglio Ordonez led the team with a .321 average, 42 homers and 129 RBIs. Yet, through all this, Jerry Reinsdorf refused to give Maggs a 5 year contract. So Maggs goes into free agency. It's 5:00 and I turn on Channel 5 News to see hellenicnewsbabe Anna Davlantes read the news. She reads, "Our top story, Magglio Ordonez is staying in Chicago." I start jumping around, pumping my fist in the air, saying "He's not going to the Yankees!" The next line Anna reads feels as if she had hit me in the crotch with a lead pipe. "Now for details, we take you live to Wrigley Field." "NO NO NO!" I scream, starting to sound like Ron Santo. But there is Maggs on the TV screen, wearing a Cubs #30 jersey, saying how much he wanted to stay in Chicago. Krusty the Clown Baker is saying that Scammy will play left field and Maggs will play right field and bat third. Drunken Cub fans (they were already drunk before hearing the news) flock toward Wrigley. I fall to the floor, curl up in the fetal position and start sobbing. Then, mercifully, I wake up.

PLEASE, Mr. Reinsdorf and Mr. Williams sign Magglio. Give him his 5th year. SIGN HIM NOW. I could not survive this nightmare becoming reality.

soxdave
04-16-2004, 02:52 PM
I totally agree. I still think Maggs will go bye bye.
They will act like they tried and that's it. They
started working on the bad news with Hawk
at Soxfest. He said Maggs is getting ready to
leave.

On a better note, Anna Davlantes is a mighty
fine Hellenic newsbabe. She is perhaps the
hottest news babe in Chicago..

SOXDAVE

SoxxoS
04-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by soxdave
On a better note, Anna Davlantes is a mighty
fine Hellenic newsbabe. She is perhaps the
hottest news babe in Chicago..

SOXDAVE

She is UNREAL. I am a huge fan. We had a post in the Parking lot about hot news people. She was number one in my book.

I didn't know what hellenic meant untiil I just looked it up, BTW. I had a feeling it meant Greek. :smile: