PDA

View Full Version : ozzie's managing


ASUSOXGRL
04-15-2004, 10:32 PM
what were the reasons that ozzie put in all those pinch hitters that made us almost lose the game today?

soltrain21
04-15-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by ASUSOXGRL
what were the reasons that ozzie put in all those pinch hitters that made us almost lose the game today?

How did it almost make us lose the game?

Saracen
04-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Yeah, no kidding. I didn't agree with it, but how did this make us almost lose?

ASUSOXGRL
04-15-2004, 10:42 PM
well why would u put in willie harris before olivio to pinch hit? And Rowand had his first home run today and then was taken out....

ASUSOXGRL
04-15-2004, 10:43 PM
okay, i guess the point is we still won...i just wondered why he did that

soltrain21
04-15-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ASUSOXGRL
well why would u put in willie harris before olivio to pinch hit? And Rowand had his first home run today and then was taken out....


Because Willie was a lefty. Same goes for Timo.

OurBitchinMinny
04-16-2004, 01:57 AM
It was kind of weird. Its not too often you see three PHs in a row.

gosox41
04-16-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by ASUSOXGRL
what were the reasons that ozzie put in all those pinch hitters that made us almost lose the game today?

I agree. I question some of the moves Ozzie makes. But so far he has done an OK job. Let's see how he does when this team has its first losing streak. Right now they're hot. Hopefully it continues.


Bob

Jerko
04-16-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by soltrain21
Because Willie was a lefty. Same goes for Timo.

JM is back? Good thing Harris and Perez are both lefty or it might have been a 1-2-3 inning.


I don't mind the changes actually, but if the game went on longer that would have handcuffed us pretty bad using up all 3 guys at once like that. But hey, at least the Sox won!

MisterB
04-16-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
JM is back? Good thing Harris and Perez are both lefty or it might have been a 1-2-3 inning.


I don't mind the changes actually, but if the game went on longer that would have handcuffed us pretty bad using up all 3 guys at once like that. But hey, at least the Sox won!

Conventional baseball wisdom says you play for the win on the road and play for the loss at home.

White_Sock
04-16-2004, 11:46 AM
I read somewhere, maybe on mlb.com, that Ozzie was warming up John Garland to play the field for the following inning. I see where this is a problem; Garland plays the field and gets hurt = disaster, but that inning never came about. It was a little questionable to jackknife our defense for the sake of bringing 3 leftys in a row to the plate, but hey, this is OZBALL, and I kind of like it.