PDA

View Full Version : Info on Maggs Contract?

jlh0023
04-15-2004, 05:05 PM
Anyone who knows anything regarding the progress of the Maggs contract talks, please fill me in. I still don't see why Reinsdorf won't pay him whatever he wants, I mean, he's usually so open with his walllet, but either way Maggs is worth every penny we could pay him as he proved again today. Any info is appreciated.

sas1974
04-15-2004, 05:08 PM
From what I have seen so far, it's a fifth year that Maggs wants that seems to be holding things up. I really don't see why though.

ASUSOXGRL
04-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Magglio loves Chicago, he wants to stay for five years instead of four. Its more about playing for the team he loves, then it is about the money. It would just be stupid for them not to give him that contract, they owe it to him.

Daver
04-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by ASUSOXGRL
Magglio loves Chicago, he wants to stay for five years instead of four. Its more about playing for the team he loves, then it is about the money. It would just be stupid for them not to give him that contract, they owe it to him.

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

iwannago
04-15-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
From what I have seen so far, it's a fifth year that Maggs wants that seems to be holding things up. I really don't see why though.

From what I hear he thinks this will be his last big contract so he wants five years. I don't blame him. 5 years @$14M per is a great deal for the Sox, they ought to jump on it.

Daver
04-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by iwannago
From what I hear he thinks this will be his last big contract so he wants five years. I don't blame him. 5 years @$14M per is a great deal for the Sox, they ought to jump on it.

The Angels signed a significantly better RFer for less than that.

joeynach
04-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Daver

It doens't matter. We dont want Garrett Andersen. We want Maggs. Maggs is our guy and we love him here. We dont apreciate Andersen as much as we do Mags, rain or shine. Case and point we are the ones who keep this team alive, we are the ones who pay the players salaries and keep the wheels moving. This game is for us the fans, and its been widley accepted that we want Maggs to stay. So who cares if he is worth 12 mil and is asking for 14. He is our guy and we will keep putting money into the team so long as our management does.

iwannago
04-15-2004, 09:14 PM

I disagree with your thinking but we will have to agree to disagree. I'm also not sure if Andersen is as big a crowd favorite as Magglio.

sas1974
04-15-2004, 09:16 PM

Sorry, I just re-read what I typed and I can see where it may have been a bit ambiguous. I meant that I couldn't understand why the Sox were so hesitant to give Maggs that fifth year, not that I couldn't understand why he wanted it. As for the $14MM, I think Maggs is probably going to have to take a pay cut if he wants to stick around. That's an awful tough request to make, but I think the market dictates this to be the case given the money that Vlad received.

iwannago
04-15-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
Sorry, I just re-read what I typed and I can see where it may have been a bit ambiguous. I meant that I couldn't understand why the Sox were so hesitant to give Maggs that fifth year, not that I couldn't understand why he wanted it. As for the $14MM, I think Maggs is probably going to have to take a pay cut if he wants to stick around. That's an awful tough request to make, but I think the market dictates this to be the case given the money that Vlad received.

New York or Boston will sign him in a minute. By the way what do you think a 5yr PV is on $14M?

Daver
04-15-2004, 09:21 PM
I disagree with your thinking but we will have to agree to disagree. I'm also not sure if Andersen is as big a crowd favorite as Magglio.

Alright.

Is Magglio worth more than Vlad?

Cause that he what his agent is asking for.

iwannago
04-15-2004, 09:27 PM
Alright.

Is Magglio worth more than Vlad?

Cause that he what his agent is asking for.

You tell me!

Daver
04-15-2004, 09:29 PM
You tell me!

I know nothing about baseball.

iwannago
04-15-2004, 09:31 PM
I know nothing about baseball.

I thought we agreed to disagree?

BeerHandle
04-15-2004, 09:32 PM

I heard that Mags wants 5 @ 12m and the Sox want 4 @ 12 mil.

gogosoxgogo
04-15-2004, 11:46 PM
The latest is that they are one year apart.

CHICAGO -- Right now it appears the White Sox and Magglio Ordonez are one year apart in their contract extension talks. If the sides can't resolve their differences, Ordonez intimated that he might be playing elsewhere next season.

Ordonez wants to stay with the White Sox for the rest of his career, but the 30-year-old right fielder reportedly wants a five-year contract at $14 million per season as the final substantial payday of his career

"If they give me something fair and the years I want, it'll be fine," he told the Tribune. "If not, I guess I'll have to go to free agency."
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1781981

Phil Rogers also has a nice little article here (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/cs-040415rogers,1,5959896.column?coll=cs-home-utility).