PDA

View Full Version : Watching MLB-TV KC Broadcast

owensmouth
04-15-2004, 05:00 PM
All three of the games from the cell were covered by the KC broadcast on MLB-TV. Can't say they were bad, but of course they were pulling for the Royals. The one good thing was to hear the air go out of their balloons in the bottom half of the last inning the last two games.

Much as I like watching the team manufacture runs, it was fun seeing both Frank and Maglio homering.

samram
04-15-2004, 05:05 PM
I saw that feed on Tuesday and Thursday. On Tuesday, they were pretty critical of the Sox, but today I thought they spoke like they knew the Sox are better than KC. They didn't say that expicitly, but it was in the tone of their voices.

mann
04-15-2004, 07:11 PM
This was so annoying. Why don't they give the Sox broadcast for the opening home series? Does anyone know what criteria they use to determine which broadcast they'll show?

I thought the KC guys were impartial on Wednesday. They were just dead until the ninth when they blew up along with the Royals. It makes those homeruns that much worse when the announcers are going crazy for them. I need to start protecting my laptop from myself in those situations...

HomeFish
04-15-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by mann

I thought the KC guys were impartial on Wednesday. They were just dead until the ninth when they blew up along with the Royals. It makes those homeruns that much worse when the announcers are going crazy for them. I need to start protecting my laptop from myself in those situations...

Ours weren't much better. If I hadn't known better I'd have guessed it was Ed Farmer and Howard Dean doing the radio for us.

iwannago
04-15-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by owensmouth
All three of the games from the cell were covered by the KC broadcast on MLB-TV. Can't say they were bad, but of course they were pulling for the Royals. The one good thing was to hear the air go out of their balloons in the bottom half of the last inning the last two games.

Much as I like watching the team manufacture runs, it was fun seeing both Frank and Maglio homering.

If you enjoyed that bunch wait until you see Minnesota. Circle me Bert!