PDA

View Full Version : OK Mr. Reinsdorf with this Homerun..

Mots09
04-15-2004, 03:46 PM
is that proof enough that the man deserves another 2 million a year. The man needs to be in a Sox uniform his whole career! GET ER DONE!

lets re-sign this guy ASAP

frontrunner3
04-15-2004, 03:53 PM
Amen.................Maggs is well on his way to a career year statistically thanx to the lineup switcheroo. Give the man his money before the price shoots through the roof.

Baby Fisk
04-15-2004, 04:05 PM
:maggs
"My signing hand is feeling itchy. I'd sure like to sign a contract extension to make it feel better."

:reinsy
"Yeah, but did you see how few people there were at the park today?"

:ohno
"AUGH!"

jlh0023
04-15-2004, 04:12 PM
If you're reading this Jerry, SELL THE TEAM, we don't want you. That or open up your tight rectum. How bout someone like Mark Cuban running the team, not afraid to dish out a little to get something back. Winning isn't always the cheapest route, and while some low payroll teams may succeed (marlins) that doesn't mean that passing up on you're franchise player is the right move.

mike squires
04-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Not only does this guy keep producing but he's starting to self promote. He is showing more excitment, more fist pumping and was showing enthusiasm in the dugout yesterday.

CHISOXFAN13
04-15-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by jlh0023
If you're reading this Jerry, SELL THE TEAM, we don't want you. That or open up your tight rectum. How bout someone like Mark Cuban running the team, not afraid to dish out a little to get something back. Winning isn't always the cheapest route, and while some low payroll teams may succeed (marlins) that doesn't mean that passing up on you're franchise player is the right move.

Every post in every thread from you is about Reinsdord seeling the team. I think we get the point.

faneidde
04-15-2004, 04:36 PM
Plus, Mags is a great character guy. He never makes the papers during the offseason for beating his wife or driving drunk. In fact, he made the papers for buying the Venezula little league team equipment. I agree, Get R Done Jerry. If it ends up being more than the club can afford trade him to Boston or NY then.

scottyl
04-15-2004, 04:42 PM

Thing about Cuban is that you know if he owned the team they'd really put a priority on defense.

rahulsekhar
04-15-2004, 09:13 PM
How bout someone like Mark Cuban running the team, not afraid to dish out a little to get something back. Winning isn't always the cheapest route, and while some low payroll teams may succeed (marlins) that doesn't mean that passing up on you're franchise player is the right move.

Be careful what you wish for.....remember, Cuban not only hasn't won anything, but has generally put out some of the most entertaining teams but ones that have absolutely no chance at a title. Most of the owners who spend like that get too involved to make it work properly.

flo-B-flo
04-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by rahulsekhar
Be careful what you wish for.....remember, Cuban not only hasn't won anything, but has generally put out some of the most entertaining teams but ones that have absolutely no chance at a title. Most of the owners who spend like that get too involved to make it work properly. Donald Trump :)

Whitesox029
04-15-2004, 09:45 PM
Anyone who can hit a pitch like that deserves the money he askes for. He really golfed it outta there.

Railsplitter
04-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Excuse me, but as I understand it, the sticking point is the length pof the contract, not the amout of money.