jlh0023
04-15-2004, 08:51 AM
The Big Question?

soxfan26
04-15-2004, 08:53 AM
Make it Marte

gogosoxgogo
04-15-2004, 08:55 AM
It's got to be Marte. I don't know what else this guy has to do to prove that he is one of the best relievers in baseball. Look at his numbers from last year. A 1.something ERA makes you more than qualified to close games. I can't possibly understand how someone would want to keep Koch in that closer's role. For 1+ year here now on the southside, he has proved that he is unreliable there. The guy is barely able to pitch mop-up. I'm done with the Billy Koch experiment. It's time to cut our losses and put him on the waiver wire.

Baby Fisk
04-15-2004, 08:56 AM
I'm glad I don't have to find the right answer to this question.

:KW
"I'm glad I don't either."

:ohno
"WHAT?!"

jlh0023
04-15-2004, 08:57 AM
Although i wouldn't give him a huge chance, i think we have to try and work with him. he's showed signs of talent this season and we don't have any other great option (besides marte, who is perfect where he is). if we drop him he'll be the next foulke, and go be an allstar on another team. marte is succeeding where he is and i think it's best to leave him there if possible. koch played well in the home opener, lets see if he can keep playing like that.

bennyw41
04-15-2004, 09:02 AM
"I appreciate that [Leskanic] pulled a Billy Koch and we were able to win," Koch said. "I thank you, Curt."

Does anyone else think this is a smug comment coming from Billy?

Baby Fisk
04-15-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by bennyw41
"I appreciate that [Leskanic] pulled a Billy Koch and we were able to win," Koch said. "I thank you, Curt."

:bkoch:
"That's a pretty good one, eh? Haw Haw."

:ohno
"What are you still doing here?!"

Hokiesox
04-15-2004, 09:26 AM
I think that until we find a steady closer, we're going to have many more nights of that picture.

MRKARNO
04-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Forgive Marte for his flukey first outing and hand him the closer job. Until he shows that what he did in KC is becoming a trend, there is no reason not to trust him with the 9th inning