PDA

View Full Version : crazy trade that might work

habibharu
04-15-2004, 08:02 AM
seeing how uribe and harris have played thus far, i think that they can both play everyday at 2b and SS.so i think that we should trade jose. and we could really use a SP. and the perfect team to trade him to is the scrubs. gonzalez blows and they could use jose in their lineup. and we could use one of their SP. so how bout jose for matt clement straight up. both are FA at the end of the year so its a good deal for both teams.

voodoochile
04-15-2004, 08:06 AM
Why would the flubbies make that trade? With Prior on the DL they can hardly afford to be parting with pitching and Harris hasn't proven he can consistently hit.

Valentin and Uribe should be the starters just like the last two games when the Sox hung double digits on the Royals...

wdelaney72
04-15-2004, 08:09 AM
This is a pretty unrealistic deal. Jim Hendry is not that stupid. Clement is a decent pitcher. The Cubs will be a contender. You don't trade a decent starting pitcher away when you are contending. The Cubs will ride Clement through the end of the season. Clement will sign somewhere else as a FA in the off-season.

I agree on not having Jose at SS. I was absolutely furious when Kenny exercised the $5 million option on Jose.

That money could have been used to bring back Gordon. After yesterday, it looks like we could really use a closer. Granted, our starting pitching is looking pretty vulnerable, too.

soxfan26
04-15-2004, 08:16 AM
Crazy trade that might work

No it won't.

Your saying that based off 35 combined at bats Harris & Uribe have "proven" something?

Aside from the fact that the Cubs won't take this trade, the depth in the middle of the Sox infield is only in your head.