PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Miles Big Day

DrCrawdad
04-15-2004, 07:25 AM
http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrosby101/miles

hold2dibber
04-15-2004, 07:49 AM
Miles is going to put up decent numbers in Colorado. But Uribe had an outstanding day yesterday, too.

voodoochile
04-15-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Miles is going to put up decent numbers in Colorado. But Uribe had an outstanding day yesterday, too.

Yes he did...

soxfan26
04-15-2004, 08:19 AM
Good for Miles! :gulp:

Dadawg_77
04-15-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrosby101/miles

I am glad I am not a Rockies fan. Clayton and Miles as your table setters, damn that has to suck.

soxfan26
04-15-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
I am glad I am not a Rockies fan. Clayton and Miles as your table setters, damn that has to suck.

But Royce Clayton is batting .303!!!

duke of dorwood
04-15-2004, 08:53 AM
Aaron drop any pop flies yet?

DrCrawdad
04-15-2004, 05:32 PM
I posted this simply as a report on a great day for Miles, not that I'm regretting the deal.

I'm happy for Aaron.

LASOXFAN
04-15-2004, 05:40 PM
it's still early, but at least it looks like both teams have benefited from the trade. I like to think that Uribe fits in to Ozzie's plans better than Miles. He's better on the base paths and can play short as well.

faneidde
04-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I posted this simply as a report on a great day for Miles, not that I'm regretting the deal.

I'm happy for Aaron.
I am too, I'm glad he is at least getting a chance. I am saddened however, that he will never see any pitches to hit with Royce batting behind him. :smile:
:discomoron
I still support the choice, though!

hose
04-15-2004, 06:17 PM
I want to see Aaron do good also.

Uribe is going to blossom with the Sox .....tons of talent and upside. He could develope into a great SS.

Nick@Nite
04-15-2004, 06:33 PM
... not bagging on Josh Fogg, but he gave up 9 earned today at the Urinal... oof!

HomeFish
04-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Nick@Nite
... not bagging on Josh Fogg, but he gave up 9 earned today at the Urinal... oof!

So after two years, the net result of this trade is that we traded Todd Ritchie for Todd Ritchie.

kermittheefrog
04-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish
So after two years, the net result of this trade is that we traded Todd Ritchie for Todd Ritchie.

Nevermind we gave up one of the better young pitchers in the NL.

iwannago
04-15-2004, 08:09 PM

No, don't forget the Pirares also got Kip Wells who is doing a good job. Also Miles lacked range at second that's why he was traded. He will hit well. Royce Clayton is a joke, the Rangers were glad to get rid of him.

Daver
04-15-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by iwannago
No, don't forget the Pirares also got Kip Wells who is doing a good job. Also Miles lacked range at second that's why he was traded. He will hit well. Royce Clayton is a joke, the Rangers were glad to get rid of him.

Aaron Miles was signed by the Sox as a minor league FA that had a career BA under .240 when he was signed.

iwannago
04-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Aaron Miles was signed by the Sox as a minor league FA that had a career BA under .240 when he was signed.

He hit well last year in the minors and when called up. I'm not sure but I think he had a good spring.

soxtalker
04-15-2004, 08:46 PM

As has already been pointed out, Kip Wells has been doing well. But didn't the Pirates also get a good half season out of Fogg? I guess that Sean Lowe didn't do much for them. I hated the trade when it was made, and, of course, it looks terrible in hindsight. I like to think that KW used this and the Choice experiment as learning experiences.

Rex Hudler
04-15-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Daver

Some guys do bloom late, Daver..... I'd say what he has done lately has overshadowed what he did at age 19 and 20.

voodoochile
04-16-2004, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
Some guys do bloom late, Daver..... I'd say what he has done lately has overshadowed what he did at age 19 and 20.

Only if he keeps it up. It's way to early to judge and even with that huge game, he's batting .250 for the season. Whic doesn't say much for the rest of the year to date...

Rex Hudler
04-17-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Only if he keeps it up. It's way to early to judge and even with that huge game, he's batting .250 for the season. Whic doesn't say much for the rest of the year to date...

I agree with that for sure... I was more referring to the fact that he has performed well the past two years and has earned a shot. I am a big Miles supporter, but I will also be the first to say that I think his window in the Majors will be short. I think he will do well for 1-3 years and be done or relegated to a utility role.

I think Rockies fans (the ones that are left) will like how hard he plays.