PDA

View Full Version : Gotta finish the job now

batmanZoSo
04-15-2004, 12:26 AM
They thought it was all fun and games after opening day. And I'm sure those punks were riding high when they took the lead in the ninth.

"Eh, those White Sox never put up a fight. This one's in the books."

Think again.

Now test 1 for the Championship Season is to see if they can finish the job. We've already had a bounce-back game, a few pitchers duels which we won, a slugfest, and a come-from-behinder. They'll tell us a lot with a win tomorrow.

A Tigre loss and a White Sox winner puts us in first...and hopefully to stay. Tigers Schmigers...There ain't gonna be no miracles in the AL Central this year. It's the big boys' turn. Bring on the brooms.

http://home.att.net/~ophiuroid/assets/images/broom.gif

JohnBasedowYoda
04-15-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
It's the big boys' turn. Bring on the brooms.

http://home.att.net/~ophiuroid/assets/images/broom.gif

We will crush those that oppose us. The Ozzman will not allow a losing streak of any sort. We shall welcome him with chants of "Ozzie" We shall yell in congratulation for out players until our breath is spent. We shall abstain from boo-ing even with the most shameful display (koch). We will forget old reasons for not attending games, and we'll marvel in the beauty of that park.

We are sox fans and the Royals shall be swept aside by the skill of our players, and the passion of their faithful.

inta
04-15-2004, 04:34 AM
while i appreciate the tigers actually contending. i think it's short-lived.
they've won so far on a depleted twins team and a toronto team that hasnt woken up yet and might never do so.

the sox lost 2 games that they really shouldnt have.
in my mind the sox are first place.

SSN721
04-15-2004, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by inta
while i appreciate the tigers actually contending. i think it's short-lived.
they've won so far on a depleted twins team and a toronto team that hasnt woken up yet and might never do so.

the sox lost 2 games that they really shouldnt have.
in my mind the sox are first place.

I completely agree, I cant see the Tigers possibly winning more than 70 games this year. Even that would be a massive improvement over their hideous season last year.