PDA

View Full Version : Brian Anderson Bumped Up

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Brian Anderson - S - KC Apr. 14 - 6:44 pm et

Brian Anderson has been moved up a day in the rotation. He'll start tomorrow against the White Sox.
Jimmy Gobble has been pushed back to Friday.

soltrain21
04-14-2004, 05:57 PM
Bring it, Mr. Anderson....

edit - Seems to me that Tony is starting to get a little worried...

Nick@Nite
04-14-2004, 05:59 PM
KC should start putting a tee up at home plate... then maybe their starters would have a chance for a win. :D:

delben91
04-14-2004, 06:06 PM
I saw this and thought that outfield prospect Brian Anderson had beem promoted in the minors....

But yeah, does seem like Pena is scratching to get a win somehow.

Chisox_cali
04-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Kind of a odd move by Pena. Anderson got rocked opening day, it was the Sox BP that blew it and gave KC the opprotunity to win it. Gobble however is one of those rookie pitchers the Sox have never faced (at least I don't think they've faced) and the Sox have a history of not doing well against them. You'd think Pena would know this and try to exploit it by letting Gobble go. We'll see how this move works out.

RKMeibalane
04-14-2004, 06:24 PM
It makes no difference to me who's pitching tomorrow. The Sox have command of this series. I just want to see them sweep the Royals and send a message to the rest of the American League.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-14-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Nick@Nite
KC should start putting a tee up at home plate... then maybe their starters would have a chance for a win. :D:

To exchange the favor we should put one of them "pictching machines" on the mound during the 9th. You know one of those batting cage deals

A. Cavatica
04-14-2004, 06:41 PM
I haven't been impressed with the KC pitching at all...they keep trotting out lefties against us, and mediocre ones at that. Going by their last starts, I'd much rather face Anderson than Gobble...

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by delben91
I saw this and thought that outfield prospect Brian Anderson had beem promoted in the minors....

But yeah, does seem like Pena is scratching to get a win somehow. My bad, that actually slipped my mind.

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
I haven't been impressed with the KC pitching at all...they keep trotting out lefties against us, and mediocre ones at that. Going by their last starts, I'd much rather face Anderson than Gobble... 5 mediocre lefties in the rotation and people had them over the Sox. Lol. :D:

Dadawg_77
04-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
5 mediocre lefties in the rotation and people had them over the Sox. Lol. :D:

Sox kill lefties so we should own the season series vs the Royals this year.

MRKARNO
04-14-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Sox kill lefties so we should own the season series vs the Royals this year.

If more than 3 Royal lefty starters get a win against the sox this year, then the sox have underperformed.

bc2k
04-15-2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Brian Anderson - S - KC Apr. 14 - 6:44 pm et

Brian Anderson has been moved up a day in the rotation. He'll start tomorrow against the White Sox.
Jimmy Gobble has been pushed back to Friday.

If I were Carlos Lee, and I hit a home run off of Gobble, I'd strut around the bases flailing my arms like a turkey and making turkey sound effects. Then I would wear a lot of padding for my next at bat.

Originally posted by RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane, I like your sig, but how about keeping track of Thomas's walk total as well?

Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda

To exchange the favor we should put one of them "pictching machines" on the mound during the 9th. You know one of those batting cage deals

Were you a setter on your volleyball team? I have to spike this one :D:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_150477.jpg
[July of 2005] Welcome to Bobo's Batting Cages, my name is Billy and I'll be your server this evening. I hope you like your cookies plain, because there will be nothing on my pitches.

samram
04-15-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

If more than 3 Royal lefty starters get a win against the sox this year, then the sox have underperformed.

I wish we could face Darrell May every day this season.

I was watching the game on MLB.com on Tuesday and it was the Royals broadcast. They kept saying how the best way to play the Sox was to rely on pitching and defense and they constantly criticized the Sox's pitching and defense. Their criticism has merit, but they should look at their own team first. One of their starters should try making it through the fifth inning without being down four runs before they comment on other team's pitching deficiencies.

Dadawg_77
04-15-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

Royals Starters don't even have a win yet.

MRKARNO
04-15-2004, 09:31 AM

Which means the sox are performing at a good level

munchman33
04-15-2004, 12:55 PM

You'll be saying that in May, too.