PDA

View Full Version : I know this is based off of two games but....

ukigdog
04-14-2004, 05:15 PM
I know this is just based off of two games for each Uribe and Harris, but did they not look alot like last years WS Champs:

1. Juan Pierre - Willie Harris (speed, slap at ball)

2. Castillo - Juan Uribe (more power, speed)

Guillen got to see that all last year, and now is here?
If they can both get on base consistantly like the last few games, they could serve as pierre, castillo do in Florida. Castillo was a highly regarded prospect just a few years ago and he looked awfully good today.

What are your guys thoughts??

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 05:17 PM
I think we were lucky to get him for Miles.

delben91
04-14-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I think we were lucky to get him for Miles.

For now, I'll agree. However, he came with rumors that he was the next D'angelo Jimenez. Jimenez started off hot last year too, and fell apart. I'll wait until I see how Uribe is doing after May to say whether we were all that lucky.

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by delben91
For now, I'll agree. However, he came with rumors that he was the next D'angelo Jimenez. Jimenez started off hot last year too, and fell apart. I'll wait until I see how Uribe is doing after May to say whether we were all that lucky. I agree, I'm usually optimistic until I'm proven wrong, but your point is valid. I would say the trade was worth the risk regardless, because Miles didn't have a long future with us regardless, and Uribe has a lot of upside. The fact that we have a lot of latin players and manager seems to be paying off, which the Colorado manager predicted. He is also using right field, which was a problem before. He has huge potential, and I hope he meets it with us. We'll see, but you have to admit it looks good so far.

delben91
04-14-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
He is also using right field, which was a problem before.

Yeah, I've noticed that, him, Olivo, and Konerko most notably. That's a great sign that he's swinging really well. And you're right, I have no complaints about his play...well, I'd like to lose some of the errors, but they didn't hurt the Sox, so I'll let those go. I'm just reserving judgement for the moment. I'm not a Fan Of Uribe, but I'm not anti-Uribe either. So long as he keeps doing what he's been doing, I'll have no problem singing his praises.

DSpivack
04-14-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by ukigdog
I know this is just based off of two games for each Uribe and Harris, but did they not look alot like last years WS Champs:

1. Juan Pierre - Willie Harris (speed, slap at ball)

2. Castillo - Juan Uribe (more power, speed)

Important difference; Pierre can hit the ball. Jury's still out on Wee Willie.

Same remains to be seen as Uribe. He's not as bad as Harris, but he ain't no great shakes, either.

voodoochile
04-14-2004, 05:43 PM
For now they need to play Uribe every day and use Harris off the bench. He was a major reason they won today by reaching base as often as he did.